P500 Rear winch on P520?

K

Kehoe

May 31, 2022
Vancouver island
Ownership

1. 520
Hello all,
Has anyone fabricated/found a way to mount a winch on the back of a 520 below the tilt bed? Preferably not interfering with the bed tilt.

Reactions: crewcabrob
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I believe there is one guy on here that has a removable one, could be wrong. It would have been in one of the winch discussions from the last 6-9 months

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
1st Welcome form Central Upstate New York
Many good people on the Honda forum AND they LIKE PICTURES.

Need :: 2in. RECEIVER :: FT. and Rear.
Mount the winch on a ( 2in.Receiver winch mount plate ) useable ft. or rear.
Wire for <> Ft.. & Rear Operation.

Done this on :: ATV's/UTV's / Truck's & Tractor's :: since the 1970's

Have a couple posts & Picrures on the subject :: already on this forum

Last edited:
K

Kehoe

May 31, 2022
Vancouver island
Ownership

1. 520
Thanks for the reply! I had one for a decade on my quad that worked great. The versatility of front and back was amazing, and I found I used it more on the back than front.
I should have given more detail, as I do not want a receiver mount on the rear.
I got a smokin deal on a 4K winch after I already mounted a 5k one on the front with a standard behind the push bar mount. I figure I might as well hard mount the second one on the back. I would like to keep it higher than the receiver, as it will keep it out of the muck (worked great on the quad). I am wondering if anyone has fabricated a winch mount, above the receiver for the back of the P520 that won’t interfere with the dump bed?

K

Kehoe

May 31, 2022
Vancouver island
Ownership

1. 520
I saw your post and pics pappyo, looks great. I guess you have answered my question. Can’t permanently mount high, as it will interfere with the tilt bed. I guess installing the 2in receiver mount, and temporarily mounting/using it is the only way.

Reactions: crewcabrob