P1000 Rear Diff Leaking....

York0044

York0044

Mar 26, 2015
Anyone had any issues blowing the seal where the rear driveshaft goes in the rear diff? I blew it out a few weeks ago drive about 25mph across a field, took it to the dealer and got it back a few weeks later and just took it out for the first time since I got it back and got about 10 miles on it and it blew out again. Wondering if anyone else it having this issue?

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Interesting, I wonder if they overfilled the fluids. Did it really take that long to get it back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
I've had mine replaced once, now it's leaking again. I hope this isn't a re-occurring problem. The warranty covered the first one. I dropped it off and picked it up a few days later. I had water in rear diff as well... Even though I avoid it at all costs. I'll update as I get them replaced.

York0044

York0044

Mar 26, 2015
I've had mine replaced once, now it's leaking again. I hope this isn't a re-occurring problem. The warranty covered the first one. I dropped it off and picked it up a few days later. I had water in rear diff as well... Even though I avoid it at all costs. I'll update as I get them replaced.
Yea it took 3 weeks to get back and its frustrating because it happened again after 10 miles.

P

PineTree

Sep 9, 2015
Andover, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
yes, mine leaked. Had dealer look at it, thinking the seal had popped. When he took it all apart, he figured out that the seal hadn't been fully seated from the factory. It was sticking out a little on one side and was allowing it to leak. I couldn't see that with the cover on it and never had any oil on the shop floor. I noticed a slight build up of oil and dirt when I was installing my new wheels and tires.
This makes me want to check it again for oil and dirt build up and see if there isn't an issue pushing that seal out, that we thought was caused during assembly.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I worked at an offroad shop a long time ago. I couldn't tell you how many jeeps etc had new seals and bearings and still blow oil everywhere. Vent lines were stopped up. As soon as it heated up, the pressure had to go somewhere and that was out the seals. Was usually the axle seals and gear dope and drum brakes don't mix.:D