P1000 Radio in 2022

NEfarm_ranch

NEfarm_ranch

Oct 3, 2021
Nebraska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-3
I've seen lots of posts about radios and thought I'd share what I did. This radio setup has been really good to me. I initially installed it in a 2013 JD gator. At first I had the antenna on the underside of the roof and the speakers mounted in the rear corners behind the passenger and driver. In 2018 I traded the gator for a polaris 1000 and moved the unit into that machine. That is when I decided to mount the speakers on the radio mount and just threw the antenna on top of the radio box. When it was time to upgrade to the pioneer 1000-3 all I had to do is take out 2 bolts and unhook the power. This install was a little harder because I had to get a mount made because the roof bars were to far forward. The local welding shop did a great job and if I wear this machine out I should be able to quickly move the radio unit again. I bought a marine radio enclosure and speakers. It's a waterproof Kenwood radio and a simple wand antenna.

20230219 175719 20230219 175519 20230219 175619 20230219 175528

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Nothin like lasting durability. Youve likely moved it for the last time....

Reactions: Backwoods
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Being new to radios, is that radio compatible with the Rugged communication radios? Or is that a music radio? Is your antenna horizontal? Ground plane?

Reactions: Backwoods
NEfarm_ranch

NEfarm_ranch

Oct 3, 2021
Nebraska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-3
Being new to radios, is that radio compatible with the Rugged communication radios? Or is that a music radio? Is your antenna horizontal? Ground plane?
The radio is only for music. Thats an example of the antenna I have. Not the exact one. I just have it laying on top of the white radio box. I have better reception in it than alot of my tractors.

SmartSelect 20230220 142833 Amazon Shopping

Reactions: CID and Backwoods
NEfarm_ranch

NEfarm_ranch

Oct 3, 2021
Nebraska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-3
Nothin like lasting durability. Youve likely moved it for the last time....
That would be nice. I have high expectations for the durability of the pioneer. I use it everyday though so I'm guessing I'll get it wore out.

• Love
Reactions: CID
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That would be nice. I have high expectations for the durability of the pioneer. I use it everyday though so I'm guessing I'll get it wore out.
Pretty sure you will own it longer than the previous two you mention. Hope you enjoy.

Reactions: NEfarm_ranch
Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019
Backwoods of northern Michigan
I've seen lots of posts about radios and thought I'd share what I did. This radio setup has been really good to me. I initially installed it in a 2013 JD gator. At first I had the antenna on the underside of the roof and the speakers mounted in the rear corners behind the passenger and driver. In 2018 I traded the gator for a polaris 1000 and moved the unit into that machine. That is when I decided to mount the speakers on the radio mount and just threw the antenna on top of the radio box. When it was time to upgrade to the pioneer 1000-3 all I had to do is take out 2 bolts and unhook the power. This install was a little harder because I had to get a mount made because the roof bars were to far forward. The local welding shop did a great job and if I wear this machine out I should be able to quickly move the radio unit again. I bought a marine radio enclosure and speakers. It's a waterproof Kenwood radio and a simple wand antenna.

View attachment 374990 View attachment 374991 View attachment 374992 View attachment 374993

Great setup! Would you by chance have a link to that unit?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEfarm_ranch

NEfarm_ranch

Oct 3, 2021
Nebraska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-3
Great setup! Would you by chance have a link to that unit?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I made this setup 10 years ago so I'm just giving quick examples of what I did. Don't buy it all without researching for yourself that it will work.
Radio box-
Durable Universal Marine Stereo Cover - Water Resistant Boat Radio Protector Shield with Flip-Up Door & Neoprene Gasket - Compatible with Dual Shaft & DIN Style Stereos - Pyle PLMRCB3 , Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0037Z8GM4?tag=sxsweb24-20
Mine had a front cover but it broke off and I never replaced it. I threw away the plastic mounting bracket and had a steel one made.
Speakers-
4 Inches Heavy Duty Waterproof Boat Marine Box Outdoor Speakers Surface Mounted for Skid Steer ATV UTV RZR Golf Cart Tractor Powersports Boat Truck Jeep https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074CJ7G57?tag=sxsweb24-20
Threw away the cheap tin brackets and had steal ones made. Bolted them to the steel radio box bracket that I had made.
I used an antenna like I've posted above and went to an audio store and bought a waterproof radio that fit in the box I had. Works well, can be moved to different machines, but didn't buy it in one spot.
If you want better pictures of something specific just ask.