P500 Quick Q about the accessory harness and how to go about a hardwire dash cam

duhmojo

duhmojo

Jun 24, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi. So I noticed the accessory harness sticky while trying to figure out how to hardwire a dash cam with a backup camera.

Dash cams generally come with a cigarette lighter to mini USB, so I was looking at a hardwire kit like this: Gebildet Dash Cam Hardwire Kit, Mini/Micro USB Hard Wire Kit for Dashcam, 12V-24V to 5V Car Dash Camera Power Cord, ATO/ATC(ACS)/ACN Mini/ACZ Micro2 Fuse, 11.6V Real Drain Protection : Amazon.ca: Electronics

It comes with a variety of fuse plugs, but I don't believe the P520 has a regular fuse panel.

The WARN VRX35 winch I was thinking of ordering doesn't require the accessory harness, it comes with a contractor that connects to the battery directly. So I wasn't even thinking of needing a harness like this. I'm sure if I bought the Honda OEM winch they would include the harness.

But to wire a mini USB power cable I guess I need the accessory harness without having to wire into the ignition I suppose.

How should I go about approaching this? Thanks for any advice.

Reactions: Lady01