P1000 Quick on/off windshield

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Does anyone know of a windshield that is a quick on/off type? Something that you can just clamp on/off with a minimum of fuss. I don't much care for using a windshield most of the time but there are some occasions that having a windshield would be handy. I wouldn't leave it on or tow the machine with it.

Most of the ones that I have looked at are closer to semi-permanent installation than a quick on/off with drilling and gaskets and removing the hard top to install and such.

Surely someone makes something than you can lay across the opening and attach with 4 clamps or something. I just haven't been able to find it yet.

Reactions: pct
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone know of a windshield that is a quick on/off type? Something that you can just clamp on/off with a minimum of fuss. I don't much care for using a windshield most of the time but there are some occasions that having a windshield would be handy. I wouldn't leave it on or tow the machine with it.

Most of the ones that I have looked at are closer to semi-permanent installation than a quick on/off with drilling and gaskets and removing the hard top to install and such.

Surely someone makes something than you can lay across the opening and attach with 4 clamps or something. I just haven't been able to find it yet.
The Honda oem windshields have clamps, 5 I think and 2 push pins, it can go off and on in about 2min very sturdy and won't fly off on a trailer like the "lock and ride" system windshield Polaris has ( I used to have a ranger ). It flew off and smashed in to the trailer tailgate ramp.