P500 Questions on p500 roof and windshield

sxsinks

sxsinks

Nov 16, 2015
Middle Midwest
I'm trying not to have a lot of buyers remorse here. I've heard the concerns about the vacuum created with a partial enclosure but what is the best set up for you'll. Maybe even including a back window and doors. Thanks in advance

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
If you do the windshield get the vinyl rear window and roof. Click on the P500 build in my signature to see it. When it gets really warm the tip out windshield can be cracked and center of rear panel rolled up to flow air and very little dust.

Honda Hard Roof Black
Honda Full Poly Hardcoat tip out Windshield
Honda Fabric Rear Panel Black

Reactions: rocmar and sxsinks
sxsinks

sxsinks

Nov 16, 2015
Middle Midwest
If you do the windshield get the vinyl rear window and roof. Click on the P500 build in my signature to see it. When it gets really warm the tip out windshield can be cracked and center of rear panel rolled up to flow air and very little dust.

Honda Hard Roof Black
Honda Full Poly Hardcoat tip out Windshield
Honda Fabric Rear Panel Black

sxsinks

sxsinks

Nov 16, 2015
Middle Midwest
Have you seen alumilite armor cab enclosure with tip out windshield on eBay? If so wadda you think? And please inform me on these different windshields if you know. Thanks again Jackal

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Have you seen alumilite armor cab enclosure with tip out windshield on eBay? If so wadda you think? And please inform me on these different windshields if you know. Thanks again Jackal

Yes I have seen it, unfortunately just within the last 2 weeks. For what it appears to be it is definitely worth a look, the price is competitive considering it is all aluminum and glass compared to all plastic & vinyl for the OEM HONDA items. I would definitely buy it had I not already invested in what I have. Here is their direct link for the P500 items on their website: Compare

I am so interested in their design I have emailed them about offering the same setup for the Pioneer 1000's, I got one on order for March and will not hesitate to go that route.

PS the tip out glass windshield is the only way to go, this is the only one on the market I know of for the P500.

sxsinks

sxsinks

Nov 16, 2015
Middle Midwest
Yes I have seen it, unfortunately just within the last 2 weeks. For what it appears to be it is definitely worth a look, the price is competitive considering it is all aluminum and glass compared to all plastic & vinyl for the OEM HONDA items. I would definitely buy it had I not already invested in what I have. Here is their direct link for the P500 items on their website: Compare

I am so interested in their design I have emailed them about offering the same setup for the Pioneer 1000's, I got one on order for March and will not hesitate to go that route.

PS the tip out glass windshield is the only way to go, this is the only one on the market I know of for the P500.
Jackal I've followed your build and liked it, thanks.
This windshield here calls itself a "tip out" ? I dunno. None the less, it looks like the way I'm be going. Thanks a lot. I really like this forum too

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Jackal I've followed your build and liked it, thanks.
This windshield here calls itself a "tip out" ? I dunno. None the less, it looks like the way I'm be going. Thanks a lot. I really like this forum too

Yes the bottom of the Alumalite Armor glass windshield tips out at the bottom, just like the OEM Honda polycarbonate one does on mine. If I knew there was a glass tip out windshield for the P500 available I would have bought it an never looked back. Also they offer an 11" & a 14" windshield wiper for that glass windshield, I would have went with the 14" wiper in a minute for the $185 asking price.

sxsinks

sxsinks

Nov 16, 2015
Middle Midwest
Yes the bottom of the Alumalite Armor glass windshield tips out at the bottom, just like the OEM Honda polycarbonate one does on mine. I f knew there was a glass tip out windshield for the P500 available I would have bought it an never looked back. Also the offer an 11" & a 14" windshield wiper for that glass windshield, I would have went with the 14" wiper in a minute.
Which is preferred, polycarbonate or glass? I've seen your build and of course you want wipers lol. I'm on a half ass budget!
The better half sits here remembering the dressing up of the Harley every winter lol.

Reactions: JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Which is preferred, polycarbonate or glass? I've seen your build and of course you want wipers lol. I'm on a half ass budget!
The better half sits here remembering the dressing up of the Harley every winter lol.
I get it, the 3 Honda Accessories come to $1000 (Windshield / Hard Roof / Rear Panel) and are only plastic and vinyl. I do like the design of the Honda windshield as it lets me crack it open at the bottom and let airflow in even in the rain without getting wet.

The Alumilite Armor is $1240 for the setup of Glass tip out windshield, Roof, Glass tip out panel. To me its about function over fashion and glass is much easier to clean in the boonies without worrying about scratching. It is were Honda offering this setup (aluminum & glass) they would ask $2K for it. In my humble opinion it's worth the added 24% especially if you will ride in a cold climate (North of I-80) much, if you live in the South The only factor is the scratch resistance of the glass.

sxsinks

sxsinks

Nov 16, 2015
Middle Midwest
I get it, the 3 Honda Accessories come to $1000 (Windshield / Hard Roof / Rear Panel) and are only plastic and vinyl. I do like the design of the Honda windshield as it lets me crack it open at the bottom and let airflow in even in the rain without getting wet.

The Alumilite Armor is $1240 for the setup of Glass tip out windshield, Roof, Glass tip out panel. To me its about function over fashion and glass is much easier to clean in the boonies without worrying about scratching. It is were Honda offering this setup (aluminum & glass) they would ask $2K for it. In my humble opinion it's worth the added 24% especially if you will ride in a cold climate (North of I-80) much, if you live in the South The only factor is the scratch resistance of the glass.
I70&i35 corridor here. I'm gonna get this armalite enclosure. I'll hope they come up with some quality matching doors. I still don't think I'll be I the market for wipers lol.

Reactions: JACKAL
advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I70&i35 corridor here. I'm gonna get this armalite enclosure. I'll hope they come up with some quality matching doors. I still don't think I'll be I the market for wipers lol.

Yeah a clean windshield is only a ditch of water away.