P500 Question About a 700, four, base price

B

Bull500

Aug 11, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I am at my local dealer here in South Florida, they have a bass model pioneer 700, four. Their price 12,300, and they are telling me with tax tags title license freight set up fees 14,800. I understand taxes are about 800 here in Florida. So they’re trying to get me for 16 or 1700 for everything else is that a good deal or should I move onto the next dealer

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
When purchasing Anything :: Now Days you have to Get More than ONE Price.
Just to find Out if your getting a FAIR Price.

The quote you have appears high :: dealer is adding everything they can & then more on Top of that.

Shop around you'll have more $$$ for accessories.

I'll pay fair price. I Will Not fur line there pockets.

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Definitely get a few prices. Maybe you can haggle some of the set up fees off. This is a crappie market to buy in though.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
If you want it now get it. It’s a sellers market. I walked into my local Honda dealer and bought my ‘17 that day. With everything it came out to $14,999. Our taxes are way higher. If you’re financing it’s only a few dollars more a month. The dealer still gives me a fifteen percent customer discount too. The 7hundo is a solid machine. Cost to own is low. I can’t count how many times a year I say “it’s paid for itself.” 😎🤣

Reactions: trigger
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
It truly is a sellers market and appears to be so for literally everything. However, I think if you are patient you will get a good deal off of Facebook or craigslist where someone got upside down on a deal with literally no miles/hours.

Reactions: Mudwing
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I am at my local dealer here in South Florida, they have a bass model pioneer 700, four. Their price 12,300, and they are telling me with tax tags title license freight set up fees 14,800. I understand taxes are about 800 here in Florida. So they’re trying to get me for 16 or 1700 for everything else is that a good deal or should I move onto the next dealer
No

Reactions: alloutdoors
Raghorn

Raghorn

Aug 26, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Sounds like they are adding taxes, title/registration, set up, and destination charges.

They will not budge on taxes and the title/registration, as those are paid to the state. So you may be able to negotiate on the base price, set up, freight or accessories.

I would shop around, if reasonably possible, as you don't want to burn up time/fuel if it won't pay off. Try calling around for out the door (OTD) pricing, but I know some dealers may be hesitant to give pricing as they want to deal in person and probably get tired of just giving quotes.

If the dealer is having a harder time moving stock, the more power you'll have. If not, then you'll likely pay full retail.

Good luck! Also, if you can swing the deluxe, I would do that in the 700-4 all day for the power steering and paddle shifters alone.

Reactions: Mudwing