PV3 question

R

Rudy17

Jan 23, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. Talon R
I’m wanting to know if any of you have used the PV3 on a totally stock Talon? I know installing exhaust would help a lot but I’d really like to keep mine quiet. If so, was it worth the $? Just looking for more power & figured this would be a good starting point. Thanks!

Reactions: Blownzuki and TxDoc
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Save you hard earned cash. Honda did a great job squeezing every last HP out of that motor as-is. None of the "bolt ons", nor the PV3 add any noticeable HP and you will just be throwing your money down the drain. Save your $$$ for internal engine mods or a turbo.

Take it from someone that has already spent the money and time for you. $2,000 in experiments and I might have gained 4 HP. $500/HP is not worth it. My machine is almost completely back to stock except I use the PV3 to lower the cooling fan engagement temp and raised the max RPM a little.

Search and you will find a rather lengthy set of posts (or should I call them Rants) from me about this exact subject.

H

HondaTech

We've used the PV3 with a Hess tune, their ported head/camshaft and HMF exhaust. That machine saw a big improvement. I think if someone could just modfiy the shifting to make it like the Hess tune, it would feel much better.

Last edited:
R

Rudy17

Jan 23, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. Talon R
Save you hard earned cash. Honda did a great job squeezing every last HP out of that motor as-is. None of the "bolt ons", nor the PV3 add any noticeable HP and you will just be throwing your money down the drain. Save your $$$ for internal engine mods or a turbo.

Take it from someone that has already spent the money and time for you. $2,000 in experiments and I might have gained 4 HP. $500/HP is not worth it. My machine is almost completely back to stock except I use the PV3 to lower the cooling fan engagement temp and raised the max RPM a little.

Search and you will find a rather lengthy set of posts (or should I call them Rants) from me about this exact subject.
Thanks for the honesty! I’ll save the $ & spend it in other directions..

T

Tommer

Oct 6, 2019
Minneapolis
Ownership

1. Talon X
A waste especially if you ever plan on getting a turbo. Mine sits in a box and is worthless after the turbo. But it does improve the shifting a bit on a totally stock machine and maybe a couple hp. Overall I would save the $ for another accessory.

Reactions: Blownzuki
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
A waste especially if you ever plan on getting a turbo. Mine sits in a box and is worthless after the turbo. But it does improve the shifting a bit on a totally stock machine and maybe a couple hp. Overall I would save the $ for another accessory.
It doesn't do that by itself.* You have to buy tunes with/for it or a PV3 is just a code reader with the ability to show you engine data in real time.

*Unless you are a bad ass and have the ability to write your own engine and trans tunes.

Reactions: Blownzuki