P1000 Putting in 4" Portals

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I found a good deal on a set of 4" Portals with wheels and tires. I was planning on 6" Portals but this deal seems very good. Gen2 Portals with MSA M35 18" Bandits and BKT TR-171 8-18 tires, all with less than 15 hours on them.I don't know why he's selling them, they are already off the Honda 1000. I wonder if he went with 6" Portals?

Anyhow, I ordered Super ATV 1.5" front and rear A Arms, will I need a 1/2" spacer in the front to even out the front to back?

On a side note, has anyone ever just used the Front A Arms with out the back with Portals?

Will I be wishing I did 6" Portals in a week? This is all I plan on doing to this UTV as far as lift goes.

Reactions: BWAF
SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I think that you would be fine, with 4" portals @ a 29% gear reduction you should be able to run a 34" tall tire to be can to stock (not including the increased weight of the portal or tire). Good luck and post some pics!
I think the BKT's measure out to 33" so I should be good. The reason I'm lifting is where I mainly ride, River Ranch in Frostproof FL; as some know here, it's wet and muddy and some places don't afford a good spot to hook up your winch. I want the capability of getting out if on the rare occasion I'm alone on a wet trail.

Reactions: BWAF
Tyrel

Tyrel

Jul 31, 2018
Jonesboro Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is anyone running gen3 4" portals? I was wondering how much oil everyone else was able to get in theirs. I know a guy that has gen2 and getting a 1/4 of a quart in each box and I just filled mine for the second time and only took a little under a half a quart for all 4 again. I dont think it's a problem because I'm filling it until it runs out then installing the plug but just wanted some other input.

Thanks guys