P1000m5 PSA for brand new owners!!

TripleTapper

TripleTapper

Sep 19, 2017
Bloomington
Ok....I have a friend who just got a new 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 and when I....I mean he drove it the first time, he noticed it only went into 1st & 2nd gear....it wouldn’t shift into third. I took it back to the dealer (ok there was no friend) and the service tech took me for a drive and it shifted just fine. He then politely let me know that I need to have the seatbelt on. Low and behold, it worked great!

Honda fit and finish sucks on the cab accessories. I have light through the front window seals. There is no hard back...only a hard mid section (from Honda) When the mid section is on, you have to open the rear doors in order to dump the bed or remove the rear nets. There is one other option and that would be to enlarge the plastic holes so the net clips can be bent out of the way. Also it is normal for the rear doors to hit the mid section.

With all of that, I do love this rig! If I can help any new owners avoid a few of the pitfalls I have had, this post will be worth it.

5d81cf653618dce934be21fb745da996

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The seatbelt can easily be disabled. Hope you are enjoying your machine!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Ok....I have a friend who just got a new 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 and when I....I mean he drove it the first time, he noticed it only went into 1st & 2nd gear....it wouldn’t shift into third. I took it back to the dealer (ok there was no friend) and the service tech took me for a drive and it shifted just fine. He then politely let me know that I need to have the seatbelt on. Low and behold, it worked great!

Honda fit and finish sucks on the cab accessories. I have light through the front window seals. There is no hard back...only a hard mid section (from Honda) When the mid section is on, you have to open the rear doors in order to dump the bed or remove the rear nets. There is one other option and that would be to enlarge the plastic holes so the net clips can be bent out of the way. Also it is normal for the rear doors to hit the mid section.

With all of that, I do love this rig! If I can help any new owners avoid a few of the pitfalls I have had, this post will be worth it.

View attachment 58390

Nothing like RTFM.

Read
The
Fine
Manual

Reactions: ToddACimer
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
You would make someone a good wife

It ain't nagging when you are right. 15 min reading the manual would have saved a trip to the dealer and some eggs.

Reactions: trigger and R-Lamm
H

HondaTech

View attachment 58390

Yeah the bed rubbing the hard mid panel is a pretty s***ty design flaw imo. It's almost like they were given the dimensions of everything but not an actual unit when they designed it. We've even cut the plastic lip on the bed back flush with the metal rail and it still rubs. There's not anything that we've tried that fixes it completely.

As for the windshield holes, these things are all a out taking time to install them perfectly. I know most dealership installs are quick and nasty, but if you take a little time and sweet talk it, you get better results.