PRP Roof bag installation with pictures

T

TahoeMike

Feb 25, 2020
West Sacramento, California
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hi all, I'm going to post the different things I put on the Talon as I go. As I mentioned before, I'm looking for comfort, storage, and protection. Not so much electrical or mechanical mods. This is the first one, the PRP overhead roof bags. I really like the quality of these and the size over the Honda bags. Paid $120 for the them. I think the Honda bags are cheaper, but they are smaller. I used a 6mm hex wrench to remove the two roof bolts on each side and stuck a small handle between the roof and roll bar to get clearance to wrap the velcro. Almost put a wrap of duct tape where each strap goes (I'm particular that way) to protect the roll bar from micro-abrasions, but decided no to for now. I like them, what do you think?

I also removed the door netting. In my experience, it just gets dirty and I don't like buckling and unbuckling it each time I get in and out. I'll have a full front and rear windshield, the lower door inserts and a helmet on always.

Reactions: nitrotmann
Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Depends on where you ride. We ride of camber woods - the nets are great. Keeps tree limb and briers from hitting you on the side of the head and if you tip makes you keep your arms inside.