Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've looked back and most of the post are old. I see that Power Commander has a tuner out and some of you have tried it (and other brands).

There seems to be a universal conclusion that you must improve the air flow WITH the programmer in order to see a significant improvement.

My question is this: If you put them in order of improved performance what order would you put:
Intake
Exhaust
Tuner

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I assume like most of us you're not wanting to throw down $700 or so all at once and buy all three items at once, I'm right there with you!

I did exhaust first. For me I went with the Yoshimura system. The exhaust all by itself makes a noticeable difference, although the Yosh pipe is loud. In fact last I checked @wyo700 has one for sale on this site because it was too loud for him. If the noise isn't a concern you could get a great deal on an almost new pipe! If sound IS a concern people have said the HMF exhaust is quieter. Long story short I'd do exhaust first.

Next for me was a k&n intake. Not as noticeable of a gain but through my testing I'm a believer! Read about my experience here-

K&N intake | The Honda Side by Side Club!

All that's left for me to buy now is a Dobeck tuner. I will do a similar test as I did with my intake once I have it installed. Good luck on your build!

TimmyBoy84

TimmyBoy84

Aug 5, 2015
Southern California
Same here, I'm running the Yoshi pipe and K&N and I noticed a good amount of low end (and I run 4 people in mine usually all the time) and plan on getting the Dobeck system too. Definitely get intake and exhaust first before tuner though. I love the loud pipe but I do trail rides and dont hunt so I want people and creatures hearing me coming lol.