P500 Power steering

R

Ratchet

Jan 17, 2018
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I am installing the tusk power steering on my p500 it said to tie the white wire to the brown by the ignition switch I can’t find a brown wire any help would be appreciated

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Watching.....

I have the Tusk Power Steering kit in my cart at RMATV.....

T

tg16500

Dec 2, 2019
US
Do yourself a favor and purchase the Honda accessory harness. I installed the Tusk power steering a couple weeks ago and I believe I connected to the wire taped up in red on the accessory harness. Harness is less than $10 from a dealer and gives you 4 places to power different accessories. I used the one designated to power a back up horn. On a side note, keep your eye on the clearance from lower shaft to the brake reservoir after you tighten the motor mounting bracket. Since the crossmember that the motor bracket mounts too is not a precision located componant, it can push the universal joint into the reservoir and can push the motor down, cause binding in the lower shaft after tightening the bracket. On my p500 I had to fabricate a 1/8" shim under the top bracket, now everything lines up perfectly. You may not need to do this depending on your bracket location. That brace probably has +/- 1mm location. Don't seem like much, but the length of the mounting bracket multiplies this tolerance. Everything now functions smooth and virtually silent. I am very happy with this upgrade.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Reactions: futzin
R

Ratchet

Jan 17, 2018
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Do yourself a favor and purchase the Honda accessory harness. I installed the Tusk power steering a couple weeks ago and I believe I connected to the wire taped up in red on the accessory harness. Harness is less than $10 from a dealer and gives you 4 places to power different accessories. I used the one designated to power a back up horn. On a side note, keep your eye on the clearance from lower shaft to the brake reservoir after you tighten the motor mounting bracket. Since the crossmember that the motor bracket mounts too is not a precision located componant, it can push the universal joint into the reservoir and can push the motor down, cause binding in the lower shaft after tightening the bracket. On my p500 I had to fabricate a 1/8" shim under the top bracket, now everything lines up perfectly. You may not need to do this depending on your bracket location. That brace probably has +/- 1mm location. Don't seem like much, but the length of the mounting bracket multiplies this tolerance. Everything now functions smooth and virtually silent. I am very happy with this upgrade.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
I just read your post and went and looked at my power steering and sure enough it is rubbing my master cylinder may have already rubbed a hole in it not sure until I get home

Reactions: MarkAlan