P1000 Portal lift

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Has anyone tried a portal lift yet, I am thinking of using this with some bigger pit bulls and forward and rear arched A arms? Inform me of pros and cons of that setup, just in planning mode. I like the internal 25% gear reduction that's internal, but they are 14 hrs from me and I'm not quite sure I want to tackle that myself.

B

BULLDOG6

Jun 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Big Red
Has anyone tried a portal lift yet, I am thinking of using this with some bigger pit bulls and forward and rear arched A arms? Inform me of pros and cons of that setup, just in planning mode. I like the internal 25% gear reduction that's internal, but they are 14 hrs from me and I'm not quite sure I want to tackle that myself.
Prone to overheat, maybe if not fast paced trail riding might hold up. Depends on sump volume for gear oil. High cost. Big factor is what the portal gears are made of, high quality or that of a lesser standard. Tougher on bearings. Pros are less stress on transmission, weight, and less stress on drive line. Had them once, not on a side by side, definitely an off road only up grade. Beware of heat build up just riding to get on a technical trail head.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015

Not sure where you're located but we have someone in east Texas that nows how to do the install and is doing them cheap

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Now I could do east Texas I think, I live in Arkansas NE corner but visit Arlington area a lot. Where abouts in east TX they located?

Reactions: CumminsPusher