Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Rxr turbol

MY2016 RZR Turbo Off-Road Vehicles

July 25, 2016 08:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time

MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Polaris Industries (NYSE:pII) is issuing a stop-ride/stop-sale advisory, pending a formal recall, for MY2016 RZR Turbo off-road vehicles, due to a potential fire hazard.

Polaris is currently evaluating a comprehensive repair solution. Once validated, repair instructions will be issued to Polaris dealers and vehicle owners will be notified that they can contact their dealer about scheduling a free repair. Until then, owners should not ride, and dealers should not sell, MY2016 RZR Turbo models.

All owners of affected vehicles are being contacted directly. In addition, updates will be posted on the RZR Recall page:http://www.polaris.com/en-us/company/rzr-recall.

Owners can also contact Polaris at 800-765-2747 or online at www.polaris.com.

About Polaris

Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader with annual 2015 sales of $4.7 billion. Polaris fuels the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts with our RANGER®, RZR® and POLARIS GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; our SPORTSMAN® and POLARIS ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; VICTORY® and INDIAN MOTORCYCLE® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; SLINGSHOT® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, SWITCHBACK® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories sold under multiple recognizable brands, and has a growing presence in adjacent markets globally with products including military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. www.polaris.com

Contacts
Polaris Industries Inc.
Media Contact:
Kelly Basgen,
763-519-1740
[email protected]

Last edited:
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I guess I could deal with potential death as long as it came with a seven inch monitor with Bluetooth capabilities.:rolleyes:

And A/C, and of course that famous belt drive.

Reactions: Eltobgi
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I wish Honda would come out with a bunch of government imposed recalls I'd love to leave the Pioneer with the dealer permanently so I could make payments on something that includes a free year of storage.

Reactions: joeymt33
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wish Honda would come out with a bunch of government imposed recalls I'd love to leave the Pioneer with the dealer permanently so I could make payments on something that includes a free year of storage.
"Said Nobody Ever" It was the song on the radio so I thought it was a good add in.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Maybe Honda will just design a faulty air intake that allows water to damage the engine and not honor warranty, leaving owner with several thousand dollar repair bill?

I love my pioneer but I cannot pretend that did not happen.

advertisement
Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
Maybe Honda will just design a faulty air intake that allows water to damage the engine and not honor warranty, leaving owner with several thousand dollar repair bill?

I love my pioneer but I cannot pretend that did not happen.

So it's Hondas fault you submerged your Honda? Hmmmm....just saying..... I have had my Honda in water up to just below my knees with zero issues. Any deeper and I probably would have hydrostatically locked my motor too!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Point taken. I assure you I haven't forgotten. And I absolutely do believe that is faulty but it was changed from the 700 which apparently there were other problems and lots of complaints so they were trying to come up with something better for the masses which I do take to heart it just wasn't tested. To fix this problem is only a 20$ parts list that someone can do in there garage. It won't be a continuous problem once fixed. I suggest to everyone to do this to totally build the pioneer as Bulletproof.

Reactions: Vato
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So it's Hondas fault you submerged your Honda? Hmmmm....just saying..... I have had my Honda in water up to just below my knees with zero issues. Any deeper and I probably would have hydrostatically locked my motor too!
It was particularly due to adding speed as well which it should have held up to but wasn't tested. Polaris had huge issues with the same thing. I never said it was Hondas fault my rig died but if there is a faulty item in a vehicle I WILL find it because of my riding style. I hope they do fix this because it can be major as we have seen. I didn't submerge my rig! Simply having fun riding. Had I known about the potential problem I would have been snorkeled from day 1. It's not a problem anymore for us.

Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
It was particularly due to adding speed as well which it should have held up to but wasn't tested. Polaris had huge issues with the same thing. I never said it was Hondas fault my rig died but if there is a faulty item in a vehicle I WILL find it because of my riding style. I hope they do fix this because it can be major as we have seen. I didn't submerge my rig! Simply having fun riding. Had I known about the potential problem I would have been snorkeled from day 1. It's not a problem anymore for us.
Interesting....maybe the airbox was not installed properly when it was built?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm a Honda fan through and through and wish I could agree. The intake sits at the front and heavy water splashed up in front of this under throttle gets pulled in. There isn't another explanation. It's the same thing that has happened to multiple brands that has been now changed. Deep water is ok flying through puddles isn't. I previously thought the opposite and was wrong

Sent from iPhone

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I need to snorkel mine...just in case.
Please do! It's a s***ty thing however people don't get hurt because of this malfunction. Most will never see an issue however I wasn't trying in any way to abuse my vehicle it just happened.

Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
Point taken. I assure you I haven't forgotten. And I absolutely do believe that is faulty but it was changed from the 700 which apparently there were other problems and lots of complaints so they were trying to come up with something better for the masses which I do take to heart it just wasn't tested. To fix this problem is only a 20$ parts list that someone can do in there garage. It won't be a continuous problem once fixed. I suggest to everyone to do this to totally build the pioneer as Bulletproof.
Is it a homemade snorkel your talking about? I can afford the 20 bucks in parts! LOL!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes. Lots of different ideas. I like Joeys myself. You can snorkel to the cab, inside the cab, through the hood or even discreet as @Hondasxs did. His is probably the cheapest setup and is invisible might be the best for you. I personally love the looks of mine. We veered off subject here my apologies. There are plenty of snorkel threads.

Sent from iPhone

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5