P1000 Plug and Play Warn Wireless Remote?

PAoutdoor

PAoutdoor

Jun 7, 2018
Cogan Station
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am in the process of installing my Warn ProVantage 4500S winch on my Pioneer. I would like to purchase the wireless remote. From what I see the one specified for ATV/UTV's seems to involve wiring, but the one that is specified for trucks appears to plug into existing wired remote socket that I will be installing. Wondering if anyone knows if this will work on my winch. I like the ease of just plugging it into the socket when needed. When I read some of the reviews it appears that people use this version on UTV's just looking for a confirmation.

Reactions: pit and BWAF
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You are correct. I have the one that is wired in. If you are installing the socket that you would use for the remote that has a cord, then yes the plug and play will work. It just plugs right into that socket. Some of the truck winches have that socket built right into the winch, which is what the plug and play is designed for. Do you intend to install a rocker switch on the dash or just using the socket and the corded controller when in the machine?

I have a switch on the dash and the wireless remote. This is the 3rd machine of done this with and all three have been flawless.

PAoutdoor

PAoutdoor

Jun 7, 2018
Cogan Station
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You are correct. I have the one that is wired in. If you are installing the socket that you would use for the remote that has a cord, then yes the plug and play will work. It just plugs right into that socket. Some of the truck winches have that socket built right into the winch, which is what the plug and play is designed for. Do you intend to install a rocker switch on the dash or just using the socket and the corded controller when in the machine?

I have a switch on the dash and the wireless remote. This is the 3rd machine of done this with and all three have been flawless.

Thanks for the reply. I am contemplating installing the rocker switch on that dash at this time. I will primarily use the winch for plowing and have heard that the remote is nice for this. Part of me just does not want to cut anymore holes in the dash than I need to.

Reactions: BWAF
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
J

JTW

It shouldn’t be any worse than a group of machines with warn remotes. But so far it’s been a non issue.

pit

pit

My new baby!
Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2018
Cartersville, GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
JTW - I had the dealer install the winch when I bought mine, so I'm not familiar with the wiring without looking at it. You think I would I be able to install the controller you are using without affecting the existing plug? I'd like to leave it in place as a back up. The warn wireless kit would be easier, but it alot more $$$ than the one you listed.

advertisement
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
JTW - I had the dealer install the winch when I bought mine, so I'm not familiar with the wiring without looking at it. You think I would I be able to install the controller you are using without affecting the existing plug? I'd like to leave it in place as a back up. The warn wireless kit would be easier, but it alot more $$$ than the one you listed.
Yea his would work. I used one like his on my first remote set up. Then it got water logged and died so I switched to warn. Yes you can buy 4 of his for the price of mine. I like to buy once cry once and not replace stuff. But yes, they wire in the same way. Pretty simple.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

J

JTW

Yea his would work. I used one like his on my first remote set up. Then it got water logged and died so I switched to warn. Yes you can buy 4 of his for the price of mine. I like to buy once cry once and not replace stuff. But yes, they wire in the same way. Pretty simple.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
If I had a warn I’d prolly do the same..

Reactions: PAoutdoor and BWAF
Jamesgang

Jamesgang

Jan 29, 2017
Kitzmiller, Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5

The wireless one says to install a ground wire from solenoid to socket on truck winch. Do you know if this needs done for the utv winches UPDATE: GOT IT IN THE MAIL. PLUG IT IN IS ALL YOU NEED TO DO.

Last edited:
J

jemartz1990

Jun 11, 2020
Landisburg, Pa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The wireless one says to install a ground wire from solenoid to socket on truck winch. Do you know if this needs done for the utv winches UPDATE: GOT IT IN THE MAIL. PLUG IT IN IS ALL YOU NEED TO DO.
Is this the warn wireless remote 90287? And it does plug directly into the remote port installed inside the glovebox for the warn provantage 4500s?

Reactions: CID
J

jemartz1990

Jun 11, 2020
Landisburg, Pa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Called Warn yesterday. They said the wireless remote 90287 is not plug n play for the warn provantage 4500s. The warn wireless remote 90288 that needs wired in is the only one that will work. Does anyone have any contrary information?

• Sad
Reactions: CID
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Called Warn yesterday. They said the wireless remote 90287 is not plug n play for the warn provantage 4500s. The warn wireless remote 90288 that needs wired in is the only one that will work. Does anyone have any contrary information?

Thats correct. The 90287 is made to plug into the remote socket that is built into some of the larger winches. I guess if you already have your winch and remote socket installed you could just plug into that. I recommend the 90288 and not messing with the socket.

Reactions: jemartz1990