P1000 Pioneer Windshield travel cover

S

Siyakadog

Nov 7, 2020
Nw iowa
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hello all, I just got a 1000-5 about a month ago. I was wondering if you guys use a windshield travel cover. I use it for ice fishing and this afternoon on the way home it was melting some on the highways and my front windshield is covered in road grime. I would like a quick easy windshield cover that removes easy just for transport. With our climate washing the windshield the morning of at the lake isn't really practical. Thanks

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Anything that touch the windshield during travel will scratch the windshield. I ruined my full windshield with a tarp. Since then I have used the peal off disposable film to protect it from the tarp. Works well. Kind of like the peal off google protectors the racers use. I found some specifically for plastic, but can't find the name of them. When I stumble across it I'll let you know.

As long as you don't leave it on for weeks this should work well: TRIMACO 24 in. x 50 ft. 2 mil Hard Surface Protection Film-72450 - The Home Depot

D

donia

Sep 25, 2020
Miss’ippi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Scroll to the bottom of the page.
..for glass windshields. It says it is for Rzr, but I got one for pioneer 1000 from Fred when having issues keeping the glass in the frame at interstate speed (open-air trailer).

Last edited:
Reactions: TimG
R

rickoshea

i use rock tamers,but i also pull a boat all fishing season so it was worth the money.