Pioneer vs Gator 825I

brock

brock

Feb 3, 2014
Arkansas
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and I am currently looking at getting rid of my John Deere Gator 825i and getting a Pioneer 7004. I have several concerns and would like any of your opinions. How does the ride compare to a Gator? I have driven a pioneer at the dealer but its hard to tell what it will ride like in the woods/rocks. Does the pioneer have enough power when loaded? (4 people and an ice chest) Does it funnel dirt up into the cab with a top, windshield and back glass installed? Driving the gator with these accessories is like being in a dust bowl. Will it pull 26 or 27" tires? Where the front "A" arms hook to the frame on the pioneer looks a little weak. Has anyone had any problems? When I bought the Gator it was because it rides good and has a respectable amount of power and torque. I realize the Pioneer doesn't have as much power but it also doesn't weigh as much. I was also hoping the 3 speed would make up for the lack of hp. I really like the Pioneer so any input you guys have will be appreciated.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
welcome to the forum brock the ride is about equal on both machines the gator is heavier the gator only has 13hp more than the pioneer the pioneer will out run it by alittle the honda is more nimble it will get around easier in places it will pull the bigger tires no problem no a- frame issues at all i have 710 miles on mine zero issues or complaints as far as the cab options i dont have any mine is still open my neighbor has a 825i is how im comparing the two units the best part of the honda is its not rubber band driven :)

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
I would say go with the Pioneer, the Deere's are ostentatious.

hondaslob524

hondaslob524

Feb 4, 2014
Upper Michigan (yooper)
Ive driven both, I bought the better. Better suspension in the pioneer, better seats, quieter cab and steers better. Power wise I think the gator takes it. The thing that sold me was the four seat option but still having a bed without gaining the extra length. Plus my wife liked it and let me buy it :)

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
The p4 is longer than the p2

hondaslob524

hondaslob524

Feb 4, 2014
Upper Michigan (yooper)
duwops said:

I was referring to the Crew Cab option of a Ranger or other crew sxs. They either shorten the bed to the point it is unusable, or the machine is a mile long. I like how short the Pioneer is but it still has the four seat option without compromising the bed.

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
duwops said:

?? Listed as identical length/wheelbase from the manufacturer.

brock

brock

Feb 3, 2014
Arkansas
Well I went with the pioneer and we love it! Thanks again for the help.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
binfordw said:
duwops said:

?? Listed as identical length/wheelbase from the manufacturer.
Honda says they are the same length. No reason not to be.

Certain dumb-ass TV shows and magazines keep repeating this miss-information.

advertisement