Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: Dp5hunter
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
85 lbs full, plus whatever I carry in that center section.
Yes I would say 1x1x16 ga square would hold up no problem in that style box frame. I was thinking you were building a flat rack style carrier. I still think the expanded is unnecessary but also not hurting anything. Depending on what you use it won't add up to more than a couple pounds.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes I would say 1x1x16 ga square would hold up no problem in that style box frame. I was thinking you were building a flat rack style carrier. I still think the expanded is unnecessary but also not hurting anything. Depending on what you use it won't add up to more than a couple pounds.
I'm thinking a pretty light expanded metal. Does it go by gauge or size measurement? With the basket design, even if securing straps were to break, the can would likely not fall off as it would on a flat rack. It's also stronger, don't you think?

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm thinking a pretty light expanded metal. Does it go by gauge or size measurement? With the basket design, even if securing straps were to break, the can would likely not fall off as it would on a flat rack. It's also stronger, don't you think?
I kind of agree with tflynn, not a bad idea, but I don't think it's really necessary either if you have a center bar

advertisement