Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That’s a loaded question lol. It’s like when customers ask me how long will my furnace last or when will it die? If I had the exact answers I’d be rich and own my private island in the tropics lol.

All depends on how you ride it as well. A lot of factors go into that and unknowns. but should last a long time if u take care of it with normal ware and tear. Why you ask, do have one? Got any pics?

P

Pioneer500

Jan 12, 2017
Dayton, Nv.
Ownership

1. 500
Just curious. Mine is a 700-2 and am very happy with it. No p/s though. That thing has taken me into some places that I never thought it would go. Very impressed.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Like he said, kinda hard to answer. There have been several that have over 20,000 on them with no issues.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Not exactly following the original question...all the 700's that I've see have a sorta horse shoe shaped pipe welded on the roll bar on each side of the seat and the only reason I can think that it was put there was because lawyers told the engineers/designers to put it there to keep folks from falling out on hard turns. I have realized that I am not as nimble as I used to be and that damn thing is in my way getting into the driver's seat...not so much getting out but I really wish it wasn't there. I have the technology and skill to remove it. Is this something that gets in the way of others or am I the only person that finds this awkward thing sticking out a problem?? Have other less nimble folks removed this thing? In full disclosure...I am not a lawyer nor is it a trick question.

B

Bigseff23

Feb 9, 2020
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
I think you can swap that bar out for a pre 2017 style, it was shaped different and less intrusive

Reactions: Isaiah
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not exactly following the original question...all the 700's that I've see have a sorta horse shoe shaped pipe welded on the roll bar on each side of the seat and the only reason I can think that it was put there was because lawyers told the engineers/designers to put it there to keep folks from falling out on hard turns. I have realized that I am not as nimble as I used to be and that damn thing is in my way getting into the driver's seat...not so much getting out but I really wish it wasn't there. I have the technology and skill to remove it. Is this something that gets in the way of others or am I the only person that finds this awkward thing sticking out a problem?? Have other less nimble folks removed this thing? In full disclosure...I am not a lawyer nor is it a trick question.
My 2014 is different and I like it much better. Doesn't get in my way. I would cut it off if it was.

20201112 171938

advertisement
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I had a 2014 with the old style. Looking at the new one I picked up back in the summer, I thought it would be a real pain, but honestly, I don't even notice it.
Best bet is to see for yourself.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
That's what I thought in the show room but once I got it home it became a horse of a different color. I've been laying out a switch panel on the dash an d have been getting in and out a lot...I like it better in the present configuration.

Glad it worked out well for you DG!!