P1000 Pioneer 1000 5 Windshield Wiper Kit

J

jajohn00

Nov 16, 2018
US
I have the Honda wiper installed on Honda glass. I like it. It is useful not only for rain but dry dust accumulation. Other than probably costing me too much I would recommend it. Oh.. no tank. I just carry a spray bottle of cleaner.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bluemountainbugler

bluemountainbugler

Nov 27, 2020
Walla Walla Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a manual one I bought for about 20 bucks. Works fine for me. If it needs more then an occasional cycle I figure it gives the passenger something to do;). I have had good experience using Rainx which really helps the glass stay clear, not with mud however.
I think some find regular automobile wiper motors work with some modification and are more reasonable then the 300 bucks for the Honda.

Reactions: BWAF
R

rickoshea

i have the manual one on my one piece poly,but it's only on during snow season,so basically all winter.works well so far.for mud/dirt i use a sqeegee and a squirt bottle.

Reactions: Rayrule and TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If you have poly, I had 2 manual EMP’s and you want the blades made for poly, there easier on it for streaks and scratches. Worked just fine to get mud and rain off the window when you needed to. If you have glass, I’d do some sort of power wiper.

Reactions: TxDoc
R

rickoshea

after watching that video i noticed the manual has a way wider sweep to it.i'll stay with the manual.

RockRain

RockRain

Sep 2, 2018
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I made my own dual motor setup. It works really well. It has the dead spot in the middle but it does a pretty good job of the rest all the way out to the edge. I also have washer nozzles.
20191129 093050

advertisement
tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
"after watching that video" ------------- What video? I am considering a manual solution also, but I don't see a video that shows them. Who can you order them from?

Thanks

R

rickoshea

"after watching that video" ------------- What video? I am considering a manual solution also, but I don't see a video that shows them. Who can you order them from?

Thanks
post #6.there's all kinds of videos on youtube on the manual ones.i got mine off amazon for around $20 if i remember right.

bluemountainbugler

bluemountainbugler

Nov 27, 2020
Walla Walla Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes
I have looked at a ton of them.
Ride again this weekend might push me into a go-no go on a wiper..
I might buy parts and build one?

Thanks
For the cost...in the 20's for a manual I figured you can't go wrong. If you have the glass windshield it fits right in the factory hole. If you don't like it and want electric at least it isn't a big loss.