P1000 Pictures of Truck Rack?

Nic

Nic

Dec 9, 2016
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi guys, Well I have been trying to figure out how I can take my sxs and also my travel trailer and the only thing I keep coming back to is some sort of truck rack. Anybody have pictures of their truck rack and how you built/bought it. Here is a picture of my buddy's that he built. I would like to build something similar, but I kinda want it to sit flat up top so I can get into the bed easer. I have the wild idea of some sort of roll back rack.

Yes there is a quad under there.

IMG 3765 IMG 3763

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

I am assuming the trailer is a bumper hitch? Lol..
Would it not be easier just to pull another trailer behind it? Or trade for a toy hauler? I haven't seen any rigs like this for the 1000.

Nic

Nic

Dec 9, 2016
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am assuming the trailer is a bumper hitch? Lol..
Would it not be easier just to pull another trailer behind it? Or trade for a toy hauler? I haven't seen any rigs like this for the 1000.

Yeah it's a bumper pull. I would just ad another trailer but the state of Oregon does not allow it. Pisses me off to because I have my double/triples endorsement for commercial. I'm not a fan of toy haulers and I like the trailer we have right now. I'll probably just end up building something like my buddy.

Reactions: Tigermark and JTW
J

JTW

Yeah it's a bumper pull. I would just ad another trailer but the state of Oregon does not allow it. Pisses me off to because I have my double/triples endorsement for commercial. I'm not a fan of toy haulers and I like the trailer we have right now. I'll probably just end up building something like my buddy.
Looks like that's your only option then.

Ca51flatty

Ca51flatty

May 2, 2016
Riverside, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is a picture of mine. I tow a tag trailer no problems with this. This type keeps the SXS lower for less wind drag and to improve COG.
Truck rack
It also make it easy in Ca to actually drive faster than 55 in the slow lane as we would have to with a trailer. Great for day trips!

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is a picture of mine. I tow a tag trailer no problems with this. This type keeps the SXS lower for less wind drag and to improve COG.
View attachment 28470 It also make it easy in Ca to actually drive faster than 55 in the slow lane as we would have to with a trailer. Great for day trips!

Looks like your Terex ( atleast I think that's a TEREX) has very similar DIMs and Weight to the Pioneer 1000. Looks like you have an 8' bed - with your set up could you still do a tight turn with a TT or TH?

Ca51flatty

Ca51flatty

May 2, 2016
Riverside, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like your Terex ( atleast I think that's a TEREX) has very similar DIMs and Weight to the Pioneer 1000. Looks like you have an 8' bed - with your set up could you still do a tight turn with a TT or TH?

Yes, it is a Teryx that belonged to my buddy who passed and I couldn't see he widow selling it to some random dude for penny's on the dollar so I bought it and drove it on his memorial ride. Very nice ride!

I use a hitch that is also extended slightly because the rack hangs over the end of the 8' bed slightly. I tied the rack into the hitch to help support it better. I over did it on tie downs and I bet if I rolled my truck the SXS and rack would never move!

I can make normal turns when towing with no problems.

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, it is a Teryx that belonged to my buddy who passed and I couldn't see he widow selling it to some random dude for penny's on the dollar so I bought it and drove it on his memorial ride. Very nice ride!

I use a hitch that is also extended slightly because the rack hangs over the end of the 8' bed slightly. I tied the rack into the hitch to help support it better. I over did it on tie downs and I bet if I rolled my truck the SXS and rack would never move!

I can make normal turns when towing with no problems.

Good deal - how stable is your truck with a SXS up there?

Ca51flatty

Ca51flatty

May 2, 2016
Riverside, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good deal - how stable is your truck with a SXS up there?
Like a rock but I also have airbags. When my rack isn't on I have an 11' camper and it is twice the load that the rack and SXS is. For the record I have hauled an XP1000, 900s, Pioneer 1000 and stock and modified Teryx's. No 4 seaters except for Teryx and Pioneer.

Reactions: JTW and sharp
advertisement
Nic

Nic

Dec 9, 2016
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 28470 It also make it easy in Ca to actually drive faster than 55 in the slow lane as we would have to with a trailer. Great for day trips!

I like that set up, but I think I would like something a little taller. I have a 90gal fuel tank and tool box in the back of my truck, and i would need to clear over top of that. I think mine would have to sit on an incline or the whole rack wold have to be taller.

Does the weight of your sxs/rack sit on the bed rails, or is it mounted to the bottom of the bed somehow?

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like a rock but I also have airbags. When my rack isn't on I have an 11' camper and it is twice the load that the rack and SXS is. For the record I have hauled an XP1000, 900s, Pioneer 1000 and stock and modified Teryx's. No 4 seaters except for Teryx and Pioneer.

Last question - who makes the rack?

Ca51flatty

Ca51flatty

May 2, 2016
Riverside, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like that set up, but I think I would like something a little taller. I have a 90gal fuel tank and tool box in the back of my truck, and i would need to clear over top of that. I think mine would have to sit on an incline or the whole rack wold have to be taller.

Does the weight of your sxs/rack sit on the bed rails, or is it mounted to the bottom of the bed somehow?

Mine is mounted in the bed and does not even touch the bed rails, it does rest against the front of the bed just as a locator. It is tied inside the bed and outside via the camper tie downs.

Ca51flatty

Ca51flatty

May 2, 2016
Riverside, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last question - who makes the rack?

This one was made by Bobby VanBeekum who is a SXS Racer out west. I was going to build one myself but came across this one cheap. Alpine Designs make a real nice aluminum one that can be seen on UTVGuide .net

Reactions: Ridem32
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I believe @SuperYeti has one of these too, maybe he'll give some details.