P1000 Picking up my Little Honda P1k-5 this weekend

jj88

jj88

Apr 20, 2016
Colorado
Hello all, great to have a forum for the Honda guys. Im picking up my P1k-5 this weekend, very excited, 1st sxs for me. Went with the red deluxe. Will add a winch (undecided, super winch 45 or warn 45, super winch will likely win, about 1/2 the price). Putting on the 1/4 wind shield deflector ( I like a little mud, hides the grey in my beard), and a blue tooth speaker, this one (MUD6SPBT Universal 6 Speaker All Weather Sound Bar with Bluetooth) so I can blast Beach Boys "Little Honda" to all the Polaris guys out on the trail.

Most, if not all riding will be on forest service/utv trails anywhere in the Colorado Rockies, with wife and 2 daughters, age 10 and 12. Will post pics of Honda, toy hauler and Duramax as soon as they are all under one roof.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
@jj88 Welcome to the club, & congrats on the new P1K5D! Be sure and post pics of your ride and of that beautiful Colorado scenery when you get a chance to take it out.

PS I have that same radio unit on my P500 works very well, especially loud and clear for it's smallish size.

jj88

jj88

Apr 20, 2016
Colorado
Thanks Jackal. I definitely will, 1st big weekend will likely be Memorial day weekend, may do a few small rides before than. Going back to same place we went last year, about 30 people, we circle our campers and ride all weekend, and maybe enjoy many beverages at night. Can Ams, Polaris, I will be the 1st Honda. Above 9000 feet there will likely still be a lot of snow, should be a blast, I will post pics

Last edited:
Reactions: JACKAL
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Congrats as well! You're family will enjoy I'm positive! I've got a few kids as well and my daughter is 10 and take my advice don't let them drive it because it tends to take awhile to come back to you it's a really slow boomerang:) have fun! And for your weekend bring a tow rope so you can show off.

Reactions: sharp and jj88
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes, I will write Polaris on the tow rope, lol!
I didn't "say" that:) but seriously enjoy it. It's a very cool rig!

Last edited:
Reactions: jj88
whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
I know your were just being funny but as I found out after buying my first SxS there is nothing "little" about it. Lol. Going to have to build another shop to keep it in. My boys are 10 and 12. That's what the wife and I love about it. The whole family riding together.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I know your were just being funny but as I found out after buying my first SxS there is nothing "little" about it. Lol. Going to have to build another shop to keep it in. My boys are 10 and 12. That's what the wife and I love about it. The whole family riding together.

View attachment 14292
That's why we have a 5 passenger! "A family that rides together stays together." My daughter came up with that motto a couple years back and now I hold it deeply close to me. I had some problems with my oldest years back and he split the family and left school, he's now back riding with us even brings friends and doing well. It's been good for all of us. I won't do anything without all of us. Someday I'll be teaching my grandkids how to ride at the same place. This was always a family affair and I suggest to anyone to try as well before the kids grow up sometimes you have to let go of your own things and do lots of sacrifices. There have been many times we had to pawn the genny and a couple of guns or do without cable or many things and sometimes as simple as eating cheap meals for months on end but we never quit riding. Bad day at the work or school,dealing with death of a family member or friend just like everyone else but when you get to the woods and grab throttle and dirt spits everything comes into perspective and all your worries and doubts seem to drop to a non overwhelming ratio,no drugs needed.years back we bought a cheaper house with acreage so we could afford this habit and its always tough but it's worth it in the end! 12 years later were still totally in.

Last edited:
jj88

jj88

Apr 20, 2016
Colorado

View attachment 14292
You are correct, somewhat, it is not small, not in size or performance, the "Little Honda" is more in reference to the Beach Boys song. To be honest though, the #1 reason I was attracted to the Honda, is its smaller wheelbase. My toy hauler has a 12' garage, to small for RZR or Can AM 4 seaters. The Teryx would fit, but, it says Kawasaki on it, lol. Actually, for a while, for me, it was between the Teryx and the Pioneer, the Teryx being a bit cheaper, more comfortable rear seats, but thats about it. Honda was better, or had better features in about every other category. The only thing I am a bit worried about is the throttle, I had a compound break in my lower right leg years ago, and at 6'4" am a bit worried about muscle soreness in the right leg because of how the throttle was designed. But, I am fairly handy, I'm sure I can come up with a modification if need be.

jj88

jj88

Apr 20, 2016
Colorado
That's why we have a 5 passenger! "A family that rides together stays together." My daughter came up with that motto a couple years back and now I hold it deeply close to me. I had some problems with my oldest years back and he split the family and left school, he's now back riding with us even brings friends and doing well. It's been good for all of us. I won't do anything without all of us. Someday I'll be teaching my grandkids how to ride at the same place. This was always a family affair and I suggest to anyone to try as well before the kids grow up sometimes you have to let go of your own things and do lots of sacrifices. There have been many times we had to pawn the genny and a couple of guns or do without cable or many things and sometimes as simple as eating cheap meals for months on end but we never quit riding. Bad day at the work or school,dealing with death of a family member or friend just like everyone else but when you get to the woods and grab throttle and dirt spits everything comes into perspective and all your worries and doubts seem to drop to a non overwhelming ratio,no drugs needed.years back we bought a cheaper house with acreage so we could afford this habit and its always tough but it's worth it in the end! 12 years later were still totally in.
Thats awesome cumminspusher, great story. Riding does that for me too, its a way to escape. I have always had quads before, and my oldest daughter loves riding those. I will keep my Polaris 570 for her, but I think for the most part we will all be in the Pioneer. There are so many trails to explore here in the Colorado Mtns, I don't think we will ever get to them all, but we will damn sure have fun trying. Some of the little mtn towns that have in the past been standoffish to atvs are now starting to open up to us, I can wait for the day when we can ride town to town and not have to trailer just to cross a town. I think its coming for many of those little towns, and I will gladly stop and spend my money in the atv friendly towns.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thats awesome cumminspusher, great story. Riding does that for me too, its a way to escape. I have always had quads before, and my oldest daughter loves riding those. I will keep my Polaris 570 for her, but I think for the most part we will all be in the Pioneer. There are so many trails to explore here in the Colorado Mtns, I don't think we will ever get to them all, but we will damn sure have fun trying. Some of the little mtn towns that have in the past been standoffish to atvs are now starting to open up to us, I can wait for the day when we can ride town to town and not have to trailer just to cross a town. I think its coming for many of those little towns, and I will gladly stop and spend my money in the atv friendly towns.
Idaho is like that. I sure can't wait till we might have a chance to see the country. I'm so glad there are other families that feel the same way it's nice to see people coming around each other I really feel it's important my hats off to you @jj88 !!!

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome! Welcome to the Club jj88. :)