Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am posting this more for our Canadian members but this will surprise most of you. I jacked up the buggy last night to do a check on suspension, bearings, steering, brakes etc because last weekend I felt something through the steering wheel. I found both front wheel bearings gone (one worse than the other), and one lower ball joint was loose. Today I went to my local Honda dealer where I bought the machine to purchase parts. I paid $188.00 for 2 wheel bearings because my machine is apart and I want to ride this weekend. I then double checked when I got home with another dealer about 4 hrs away just to see what the cost would be for the same oem part and they were very close to what I paid today. I've ordered from Ron Ayers and Partzilla before and had great service especially from Ron Ayers. It blows my mind that I can order from south of the border and pay about half the price even after exchange, shipping and duty. I am not sure if it's a BC or western thing but I'm having a hard time supporting my local dealer when I feel I'm getting ripped off. Needless to say I'm putting an order into Ron Ayers for extra bearings, ball joints, brake pads,etc just to have on hand when I need them. I might call a dealer in eastern Canada to check prices. I hope this saves some money for another member up here.

Fullsizeoutput 1c0d
Fullsizeoutput 1c0e

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I am posting this more for our Canadian members but this will surprise most of you. I jacked up the buggy last night to do a check on suspension, bearings, steering, brakes etc because last weekend I felt something through the steering wheel. I found both front wheel bearings gone (one worse than the other), and one lower ball joint was loose. Today I went to my local Honda dealer where I bought the machine to purchase parts. I paid $188.00 for 2 wheel bearings because my machine is apart and I want to ride this weekend. I then double checked when I got home with another dealer about 4 hrs away just to see what the cost would be for the same oem part and they were very close to what I paid today. I've ordered from Ron Ayers and Partzilla before and had great service especially from Ron Ayers. It blows my mind that I can order from south of the border and pay about half the price even after exchange, shipping and duty. I am not sure if it's a BC or western thing but I'm having a hard time supporting my local dealer when I feel I'm getting ripped off. Needless to say I'm putting an order into Ron Ayers for extra bearings, ball joints, brake pads,etc just to have on hand when I need them. I might call a dealer in eastern Canada to check prices. I hope this saves some money for another member up here.

View attachment 436618View attachment 436619
just an fyi on bearings, all you need is the bearing number off the side of it - I have pulled/bought hundreds if not thousands of bearings over the years and as long as it was a direct cross - it was always fine - fafnir\skf\etc. all sell the same bearings to same dimensions. Honda doesn't make them - just sources them just like u and I can.

learned this trick way too long ago when the wheel bearings went out in my Maico - dealer wanted to rape me and if u-tube existed it woulda been dry and live streamed

went to local bearing shop - paid a couple of bucks each and all was good

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X

View attachment 436618View attachment 436619
cant hide money - good grief - you are financially well off