P700 P700 vs P520 size diff (700 purchase regret)

C

clarks

Nov 6, 2013
Couple quick questions. In 2015 I bought a P500 and found it too rough for northern AZ forest riding and too loud driving thru the neighborhood at 20-25 mph; so I sold it within months after purchase. I have been happy with my foreman quad with a pull behind trailer for picking up debris from our forest lot. But after getting a bigger part time property and seeing all these utv's over the past several yrs (and getting jeoulous), I just bought a used P700 deluxe to try out with the intent to re-sell, since I got a good deal on it. I'm just trying to find out down the road if this is what I should own or just go to a small tractor.
Main impression is - wholly crap this thing is big. Kind've too big for my taste. 2nd-driving in the neighborhood at 25mph, the engine is loud (since this is near the top speed; same issue I had with the P500). I'm going to test it for the next month to see if I would want one when I get older but I'm having a hard time with the size of it taking up most of my garage. Thoughts?

Any owners go back down to the P500/520 for any reason like ease of storing it in the garage or didn't need the big size? I'm 54 and still enjoy the ease of the quads (sport & utility) but I do get envy utv's.

All my toys are Honda's so I'm not looking at suggestions for other UTV's. I'm just conflicted. Keep my Rubicon or trade the 700 in for a 520, or go to a small tractor.

Last edited:
Reactions: 500oneer
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I have a 4-acre camp property, a P500, a Foreman 500, and (more recently) a Kubuta L2501.

Couple of thoughts:

Keep your quad. They're too darn handy and fun (plus you already have the trailer/s).
Neither the 500 nor the 700 will do tractor things well at all. I have grubbed roots and disc'd with the 500 with (unsurprisingly) limited success.

I bought my 500 because I mainly ride trails made by quads.