P500 P500 safety glass windshield

M

Motoman13

Oct 8, 2023
Indiana
Ownership

1. 500
Got tired of my super scratched Honda windshield. When the sun would hit it just right you almost couldn’t see where you were going. So I decided to make a safety glass Honda replica. I know they make some similar ones but I just felt the viewing area was too small for my liking. So I built this version.

IMG 0747

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got tired of my super scratched Honda windshield. When the sun would hit it just right you almost couldn’t see where you were going. So I decided to make a safety glass Honda replica. I know they make some similar ones but I just felt the viewing area was too small for my liking. So I built this version.

View attachment 439409
Nice work!

M

Motoman13

Oct 8, 2023
Indiana
Ownership

1. 500
tell ux

Tell us more about your rear windshield
Well it’s made out of 16 gauge sheet metal. (American steel Not that Chinese junk😎🇺🇸) For those not sure on the thickness it’s roughly a 1/16 thick or around the .062 mark. Powder coated with a texture black finish that’s pretty tough and hides scratches well. The glass is 1/4 inch automotive safety glass. Same kind that’s in your vehicles front windshield. To mount it, I found on Amazon some aluminum roll cage mounts that fit various roll cage sizes. Then for the hardware I used some stainless Allen head 3/8 bolts and nylock nuts to secure everything. Also some rubber seals for the top bottom and sides.Thats about it.

KyGal83

KyGal83

KGB, SNS, Duchess Sheldon, Ms. Daisy, Natasha
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Well it’s made out of 16 gauge sheet metal. (American steel Not that Chinese junk😎🇺🇸) For those not sure on the thickness it’s roughly a 1/16 thick or around the .062 mark. Powder coated with a texture black finish that’s pretty tough and hides scratches well. The glass is 1/4 inch automotive safety glass. Same kind that’s in your vehicles front windshield. To mount it, I found on Amazon some aluminum roll cage mounts that fit various roll cage sizes. Then for the hardware I used some stainless Allen head 3/8 bolts and nylock nuts to secure everything. Also some rubber seals for the top bottom and sides.Thats about it.
Nice job! They look great!

advertisement
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3

3. Talon X
Well I really hadn’t planned on selling these. Cost wise the glass is relatively expensive since I’m not a glass guy. I pay a local shop to install the glass on them.
If you're interested in making another front & rear frame send me a PM, I can arrange picking it up and would have the glass cut/installed locally