P500 P500 Double Rifle Rack

G

gtistiffler

Hey guys. Just mounted the moose rear box. Next I need to figure out the best way to mount two rifles and where? I plan on getting the emp poly roof so not sure if the overheads will work. Ideas and pics? Thanks.

AEE1C9E9 F0F0 42CC 883C 1819FD22C426

Reactions: Jerryg
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Sorry can't help but could you post the link to that Moose Box?

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was kind of torn on rifle holders for quite awhile. I tried some Kolpin gun mounts and they worked really well, but the problem with a gun in the utv is dust. They were always covered in dirt and grim and needed wiped down after every ride. I finally bought one of Cabelas double gun cases and they work great. The guns are clean and easily accessible. It is pretty heavy duty and water/snow repelent but has an attached rain fly if you want to use. I really like it alot better then the open ones.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I have a great day overhead double rack and it works ok with 26" shotguns and carbines, anything longer sticks out the side.

Reactions: gtistiffler
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I have the Kolpin single gun mounts. They're OK. I figure the passenger can carry the second gun! ;)

Good point about dust. My usage is short trips, little to no dust.

Reactions: gtistiffler
G

gtistiffler

I was kind of torn on rifle holders for quite awhile. I tried some Kolpin gun mounts and they worked really well, but the problem with a gun in the utv is dust. They were always covered in dirt and grim and needed wiped down after every ride. I finally bought one of Cabelas double gun cases and they work great. The guns are clean and easily accessible. It is pretty heavy duty and water/snow repelent but has an attached rain fly if you want to use. I really like it alot better then the open ones.

I think I’ll order that! I only ride about a mile into my spot. Is it easy to attach? Like can I use it to carry my rifles in in the truck and then attach when I get to my hunting spot?

G

gtistiffler

I have the Kolpin single gun mounts. They're OK. I figure the passenger can carry the second gun! ;)

Good point about dust. My usage is short trips, little to no dust.

True. But my passenger is my 7 year old and I don’t want him carrying his rifle in is lap just yet lol

Reactions: bpike207 and futzin
advertisement
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
one thought: if you're interested in using in-cab mounts, you could use gun socks. I use one sometimes, pretty easy. may not work well with scoped guns though.

Reactions: bpike207
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I’ll order that! I only ride about a mile into my spot. Is it easy to attach? Like can I use it to carry my rifles in in the truck and then attach when I get to my hunting spot?
It attaches very easily. There are 4 adjustable straps with buckles along the length of the case and 2 more straps on either end. Guns come in from either end, so it works pretty well for a driver and passenger to get their own guns. Plenty of room and easy to remove even for rifles with scopes and bipods attached. The accessory pockets are really good sized for added goodies like bullets and such. I like it so much I think I might buy another just to put up incase I ever need another one. You never know when they will discontinue them.

L

LeeB

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
NM
Ownership

1. 500
I use the one like 1borderformanu.....holds guns great but yes, they are exposed. Little problem with dust or mud in AR lowlands.

M

MacGyver

Dec 27, 2018
Nw Ontario
Ownership

1. 500

I love my Cabelas double case for my p500. Got on sale last year for $100cdn. I also use it for fishing rods in the spring and summer months. The rain/dust fly is also handy. As a bonus, I can also attach it to the headrests on the backseat of my truck, allowing me room to pile gear on the seat underneath. It also gives me easy access from the rear doors.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I love my Cabelas double case for my p500. Got on sale last year for $100cdn. I also use it for fishing rods in the spring and summer months. The rain/dust fly is also handy. As a bonus, I can also attach it to the headrests on the backseat of my truck, allowing me room to pile gear on the seat underneath. It also gives me easy access from the rear doors.
Pic's?

Reactions: J80
advertisement