P1000 P1K5 Factory Hard Roof Gutter?

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone added a gutter to the front of the factory hard roof? Just got the hard roof and twice this past weekend got water poured into my lap after it rained at night. Looks like something that Honda should have moulded into the roof........

I can tackle this, but I'm always impressed with others' ideas on here so thought I'd check here first.

Thanks,

Waylan

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's a good idea. I had the same thing happened to me several times. I really don't have time to look into this right now, so I'll be watching to see if anyone else comes up with a solution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Anyone added a gutter to the front of the factory hard roof? Just got the hard roof and twice this past weekend got water poured into my lap after it rained at night. Looks like something that Honda should have moulded into the roof........

I can tackle this, but I'm always impressed with others' ideas on here so thought I'd check here first.

Thanks,

Waylan
Never back up or stop and it seems fine:) I think even just a slight lip at the front might keep it from rolling over. Maybe like door edge/fender edge molding?? But there's a lot usually

Last edited:
walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2nd time I knew water was up there I tried to take off pretty fast to make it all roll off the back. But when I stopped it was like a gallon was dumped into my lap. We were loading up to come home from a ride and I was pissed, lol.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
How was the first time is what I want to know. Mine was rough we were getting ready to go out to dinner and it was in the way of the car so....Holy crap it holds water. I agree with you looking for something here, it would be dang nice without a windshield

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First time was 2 mornings before. Light rain the night before and luckily I had it parked to where all I had to do was lightly back it up until I got to a steep incline. That got most of the water off the top and very little actually got on me. Maybe Honda thinks nobody will use their roof without the windshield, but I don't plan on buying a windshield anytime soon. I don't care for the extra noise/heat/dust that everyone reports. But the roof is nice to keep us out of the sun, to keep the seats out of the sun when we are not in it, and to keep limbs/debris from falling into the vehicle on tight trails. I even thought it would be a good idea to keep us dry if it was raining and we were just stopped, but now I feel like it is just going to be dumping water in on the dash. I should pay attention next time it is sitting in the rain.

Waylan

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We take it off once in a while but like you it's nice to be on.

whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
Single most important reason I got a windshield. Took the upper off cause of the heat. Yep it got me the first day. Slight rain. Bang. Wet pants.

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes the windshield does fix the roof pouring water onto us. I think back to when my machine was naked. Without the roof, I could stand up and shoot or cast from the front seat or strap a ladder to the ROPS or in back I could stand up and pick apples or load tall objects. Now with windshield keeping the bugs from my teeth, spiderwebs from my face and the roof keeping both hot sun, wet rain or cold air away and my mid-panel keeping dust out, I'm sure that I like both, some of each, or all together very much, just not all the time. I can sure see making a great case for not having anything.