P1000m5 P1k air intake

B

Bowtech32

Dec 6, 2013
First I am not a owner yet, been going back a forth for quite some time now on which UTV is right for me and my family. I have been reading quite a few rigs are getting water in the intake from goin too fast through water. Seems like there is a design flaw, most people are going with a snorkel. My question is this a big issue where we may see a small design change in the 2017 models? I really don't ride in water much, but I don't want that one or 2 times cause me issues. These things cost enough as is and if I wanted it to be in the shop I would just get a Ranger. I want this to last me 20 years or so, my Yamaha grizzly 600 I have had over 15 years now and still runs as good as the day I bought it.

Reactions: joeymt33 and sharp
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First I am not a owner yet, been going back a forth for quite some time now on which UTV is right for me and my family. I have been reading quite a few rigs are getting water in the intake from goin too fast through water. Seems like there is a design flaw, most people are going with a snorkel. My question is this a big issue where we may see a small design change in the 2017 models? I really don't ride in water much, but I don't want that one or 2 times cause me issues. These things cost enough as is and if I wanted it to be in the shop I would just get a Ranger. I want this to last me 20 years or so, my Yamaha grizzly 600 I have had over 15 years now and still runs as good as the day I bought it.
I don't have a snorkel, just stock and haven't had any problems going through water. The ones that have had the problems, tend to be more agressive riders that are looking for more of a challenge through deeper water. As far as getting water in from going fast through water, they are going very fast, faster than I would, probably just playing around trying to splash their friends. I've also heard that going fast through water with the radiator fan running will throw the water up under the hood which could cause the water to get in. There will be no design change for this in 17. You have had your grizzly for 15 yrs, if you ride the p1k like you rode the grizzly, 20yrs should be no problem for the p1k. I hope this helps.

Reactions: joeymt33