P1000 P1000-5 limited vs std or deluxe

Bmurray

Bmurray

Lifetime Member
May 6, 2021
Missouri but soon to be Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X
I like the colors and wheels of the deluxe and std, but the I-4wd and the Fox shocks on the Limited are hard to pass on. Since I have my Talon for sale, I'm going to pick up one of these models next month when they arrive at my dealer. Question is..... how well does the "non" I-4wd work. I have experience with the I-4wd and I know it works like a champ.

CGD

CGD

Supporting Member
Jun 22, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
I have had no problems with the 4 wheel drive system, or anything else, on my 2020 P1K5 Deluxe. I just come to a complete stop before shifting into the drive mode that I need for a particular trail and come to a complete stop to shift back to 2WD or turf when 4WD or diff lock is no longer needed.

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought the base model back in 2016. If I had to do it over again I’d get the deluxe. It comes with 14” wheels (more tire options) and the plastic side panels (rear door storage mod). Sure, those things can be added or changed on a base model, but why not just buy once cry once?
I have no interest in the i4wd. These things are finicky with battery voltage as-is, why add another overly complicated system? The upgraded shocks might be nice but I have no issue with the base model shocks. It ain’t a caddy and I don’t expect it to ride like one.

edit: just noticed you have experience with i4wd already. If it works for you go for it! The regular 4wd has been problem-free for me since I adjusted the cables back in early 2017. I plow snow and crawl around some rocky and muddy trails so it gets it’s fair share of use.

CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I like the colors and wheels of the deluxe and std, but the I-4wd and the Fox shocks on the Limited are hard to pass on. Since I have my Talon for sale, I'm going to pick up one of these models next month when they arrive at my dealer. Question is..... how well does the "non" I-4wd work. I have experience with the I-4wd and I know it works like a champ.
I would get the LE or the Deluxe. I don't know anyone that likes an STD. 🤣

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The deluxe and LE comes with good led headlights also.

I really like my deluxe, but am now debating on getting new shocks. I went with the deluxe because I might add a lift kit, which is iffy on a LE.

the front locker on a deluxe works better than I-4wd in some situations, others the i-4wd works better. Really no right or wrong answer on that one.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It all depends on what you plan to do with it? I bought a base back in 16' cuz i Knew I was going to blow it up (as in customize a lot of things) some of the deluxe things at the time i didn't care for and at the time the deluxe was a few grand more. The LE wasn't out back then or i may have considered it cuz it already had fox shocks on it. The SE, If it was out then, I still wouldn't pay that much for a pioneer.
EB5C8135 7768 410B 8530 38215A3B9E40
46F89D27 D41D 42D7 8154 283B4D80EF4A

R

rickoshea

don't know about anyone else,but in my opinion,the extras you get with an LE don't justify the extra $,that's why i went deluxe,but i ended up upgrading the shocks to elkas over the fox anyway,so still a win for me.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have had no problems with the 4 wheel drive system, or anything else, on my 2020 P1K5 Deluxe. I just come to a complete stop before shifting into the drive mode that I need for a particular trail and come to a complete stop to shift back to 2WD or turf when 4WD or diff lock is no longer needed.
You do not have to stop before shifting to or from turf, 2wd, or 4wd.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

advertisement
SP82

SP82

Jan 21, 2021
CA
The LE is worth it. The only complaint I hear for the i4wd is from people who go mud hole diving. The fox shocks are way m better than factory ones better wheels and tires led lights backlit dash etc. we use ours for trail riding mud snow sand rocky roads etc , 4wd works great. Barely use it anyway as the 2wd locked takes you most places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It says you do in the manual, pages 44-45. Something else it says on pages 46-47 is for I-4wd you should also come to a stop before changing drive modes.

View attachment 279033
Ive never done that since 16’ and no issues with the machine. Even with the older original clutch system its was fine. Many of us old veteran forum guys have done it this way. I think its more of a disclosure statement to cover there ass! Lol

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
the difference between le and deluxe around my area in 2019 was 4k.
Not givin you chit! So dont get all worked up ok, just stating a fact lol.
You are in Canada, so that much difference in the price is to be expected. Its was 2k more than a deluxe in the states when they came out. Today, the china virus has that number all F’d up anywhere u go.

R

rickoshea

Not givin you chit! So dont get all worked up ok, just stating a fact lol.
You are in Canada, so that much difference in the price is to be expected. Its was 2k more than a deluxe in the states when they came out. Today, the china virus has that number all F’d up anywhere u go.
if you are even lucky enough to find one of either 😅 .not worked up,just stating a fact.pricing where op lives may or may not be a deciding factor.

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is my 2 cents on the LE vs Deluxe:

I had a list of upgrades i was buying immediately and the LE didnt make sense for me.

the first issue was the skid plate. I wanted a full UHMW skid plate, the LE has a skid plate but it only covered the center section. So the skid plate added no value for me on the LE.

Similar issue w the A Arm guards. I was going with aftermarket A Arms (to fit 30's) so i would lose the guards too.

I planned to buy the fox shocks, but ended up with the Elkas. Spent a little more money here.

Finally i preferred the manual locker vs. the I4WD system. this is a personal choice, but i prefer less electronics and the ability to fully lock the front without waiting for the system to sense wheel spin then lock it up with the brakes.

the only other thing that was different on the LE was the storage under the dash.

so i bought the deluxe, and the skid plate, and shocks, for about the same price as getting the LE. But i have the skid and shocks i prefer.

Shocks - $2400 (Elkas, Fox are $1750)
Skid - $775
Storage - $125
Total Difference- $3300 ($2650 w Fox)

depending on what the price difference is now, this may or may not make sense for you

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ive never done that since 16’ and no issues with the machine. Even with the older original clutch system its was fine. Many of us old veteran forum guys have done it this way. I think its more of a disclosure statement to cover there ass! Lol
That is good to know, I figured it would create similar issues as not coming to a complete stop when shifting in the ranges.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That is good to know, I figured it would create similar issues as not coming to a complete stop when shifting in the ranges.
My guess is that it was for Honda liability/safety reasons and particularly during the first run of 16’s like mine that had the old clutch system at the time. It was finicky and shifted harder an old Ford pinto! Lol I think they just wanted to stick with it i guess to be safe.

advertisement