P500 P 500 windshield

Garlicfarmer

Garlicfarmer

Jan 27, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Ok. I know this has been covered a thousand times but.
I am wanting a windshield for my P 500. I would like one that flips up and the bottom half stays. Also want to access under the hood. Suggedtions on something different??
Are the polycarbonate windshields ok ? Do they scratch easy. Stay nice and clear ?
I would like glass but I am retired and they are very costly and I can't find a lot of choices. Took my P 500 on its first camping trip in Oregon into the high Cascades. Got snowed on and very cold. Found out I need a windshield. Help....please.

IMG 20231022 100950586 BURST000 COVER

Reactions: TxDoc
B

blue_chaser

Jan 27, 2020
AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I have one of these on my Talon. Works great. No problems with scratches, but rinse dust off with water before cleaning. Also use invisible glass anti-static plastic cleaner to minimize dust. You will probably need a rear windshield if running front windshield down in dusty conditions.

Reactions: TxDoc
R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
I have the OEM Honda flip-up. Fits great, no scratches or issues. Allows access to the under-storage. I'd buy it again.

One additional thing to consider after adding the windshield are wipers.
I found that in the PNW climate you'll probably want to add one/two. I installed two manual wipers on my OEM Honda windshield.

Mike

Garlicfarmer

Garlicfarmer

Jan 27, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Heh Thanks for the info. I was considering the Honda OEM windshield. So darn expensive..
I have read do not use wipers on the Poly Windshield. How did you prevent scratches with the wipers.
Thanks again
Ken

Reactions: TxDoc and Smitty335
Garlicfarmer

Garlicfarmer

Jan 27, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I have one of these on my Talon. Works great. No problems with scratches, but rinse dust off with water before cleaning. Also use invisible glass anti-static plastic cleaner to minimize dust. You will probably need a rear windshield if running front windshield down in dusty conditions.

Thanks for the info. I was looking at that one. STill thinking Honda OEM..WIsh they did not charge so much

H

HondaTech

Super Atvs P500 windshield doesn't allow for acces to under the hood without removing the bottom portion.

It's a terrible design

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I have a Honda poly and a Honda hard coat. The poly scratches easily; the hard coat has been great. I regret trying to save money with the poly.
The Honda ones tip out at the bottom for ventilation, and allow for hood removal.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3

3. Talon X
Heh Thanks for the info. I was considering the Honda OEM windshield. So darn expensive..
I have read do not use wipers on the Poly Windshield. How did you prevent scratches with the wipers.
Thanks again
Ken
I put a manual wiper on my Honda hardcoated windshield almost immediately, that was 6 yrs ago.....no scratches but I also added a w/s washer so I always wet it down before running the wiper

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
I put a manual wiper on my Honda hardcoated windshield almost immediately, that was 6 yrs ago.....no scratches but I also added a w/s washer so I always wet it down before running the wiper
I just put a manual wiper on on my UTV 801 windshield over the weekend - this is exactly what I was worried about because it fits super tight and I didnt want to try wiping without it being wet and scratch it. It was actually a pain in the ass to put on because the spring was so tight that it would want to slam down immediately. Manual Windshield Wiper

I am not sure if its supposed to fit that tight, but I have it angled up above the windshield right now and not sitting on it.