P1000 Orange plastic pins What are they?

J

Jakajew

Jan 3, 2017
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Found four plastic tri pins inside glove box of new 1000-5 just sitting there not in package or anything. They look like they may be used to slide on to seat belts for something like you would slide a clip on a tie. they seam to not do anything at all. cant find anything in owners manual. anyone have any ideas?

Reactions: MNnice
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Sounds like something they use for shipping but pictures would help

Deer-hunter

Deer-hunter

Feb 19, 2016
Effie,Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I picked mine up there were clamped on all the seat belts for shipping. Trash them.

Reactions: JTW
J

Jakajew

Jan 3, 2017
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I picked mine up there were clamped on all the seat belts for shipping. Trash them.
Thanks for the replies. Trash them I will. That was my first thought but wasn't sure.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why wouldn't you want to use them? They are a pain at times, but keep the lap belt tight.

advertisement
J

JTW

My seat belts have no issues being tight.. or staying that way. I think you all may be misunderstanding the piece he's referring to.

Reactions: Deer-hunter
Deer-hunter

Deer-hunter

Feb 19, 2016
Effie,Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What came on mine was a 3 prong clip. The seat belt strap went over under then over again. I don't see how any one would use this to keep the seat belt tight.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

What came on mine was a 3 prong clip. The seat belt strap went over under then over again. I don't see how any one would use this to keep the seat belt tight.
Yeah.. just an orange pointy clip to keep the seat belts from flopping in transit