On board air

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking for any good ideas for an on board air set up. Has any one done one? Air tank size, compressor set up. The viair set up just came in the mail and was hoping for some good ideas.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Corona1
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I love the CO2 tank set up. Do you know anything about it? It will reseat beads easily, inflate several a tires, and it can be moved from my truck to the pioneer.

I've used it in both vehicles, pioneer and a flat on my truck while 400 miles from home.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
They make a kit, I can't remember what it's called, but it's like a paintball tank. You just bring it to sportsman's Warehouse and they fill it for 5 bucks.

I'm planning on getting one eventually. They are around 200 bucks but they do things air compressors can't, and by using actual Co2 instead of compressed air, you can fit gobs and gobs of air Into a tank and pump up a RZR tire like 80 times or something crazy. I'll find a video.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Check this thread. It's very affordable to put together your own kit. Thank you @Hondasxs

Multi - Custom CO2 Trail Tire Kit.

I built two kits. One for the pioneer and one for my truck after using it. I got a 20oz tank for the pioneer and 24oz for the truck. I love it! It only costs $4 to fill the tank locally.

It will absolutely pop a tire bead back on with out using rackets and a compressor. I love it.

Last edited:
CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I love the CO2 tank set up. Do you know anything about it? It will reseat beads easily, inflate several a tires, and it can be moved from my truck to the pioneer.

I've used it in both vehicles, pioneer and a flat on my truck while 400 miles from home.
I've always used the Powertank brand stuff on my jeeps. I still have a little mini tank I keep with me that I used to have mounted on my RZR for emergencies. Power Tank - - Powertank.com

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5

That is a cool way to seat beads and can see how it would make it much easier. But right now im gonna do a mounted tank some where under the plastics with a mounted compressor. Pulling the 1k in and out of my enclosed im blleding the tires down to near flat, then back up to recommended presure, every time i load and unload. I have a small compressor that clamps onto the battery terminals that i keep under the hood where most put an aux second battery. But its a pia. I like the co2 idea and will do that later for trail bead seating.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Makes sense. It can't replace a compressor for your needs. Good topic you got here...subscribing...

Last edited:
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So i found a good place for the compressor. But struggling to find somewhere for the tank. Under my drivers seat is taken by some tools and a truck style battery. Under the middle seat is taken up by my heater. My tank is too big at .75 of a gallon to fit under the hood or behind the radiator 1113e786ff310a0e91c5128e795c3c9f
So the pump is mounted on the exterior wall of the under the drivers seat storage just beside the cable adjustment box. And will run the intake air filter up the rops a little way with push lock air line fitting and plastic dot air hose to make sure its gonna live along life

advertisement
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've always used the Powertank brand stuff on my jeeps. I still have a little mini tank I keep with me that I used to have mounted on my RZR for emergencies. Power Tank - - Powertank.com
I jave seen the power tank stuff also. Nice stuff. But seems like you are paying a lot just for them to build you a kit. Joeys link to hondasxs kit could do all the same but at less than half the price

Reactions: joeymt33