Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Went by a old friends fruit/vegetable market today, he's 92 years young, Fred Vanzant. I visited with him an hour and a half, he would ask if I had heard this yarn and I would tell him no, I had, but I wanted to hear it again from him, we laughed and had a good time! Love this old man! He didn't tell me this story this time, he was telling me a years ago about him putting an add in the news paper about free stone peaches at there market. They had a bumper crop. How many of you guy's know what a free stone peach is? It's a Peach that you can grab with your hands and split and the seed doesn't cling to either half. He said he had a lot of people show up at the market wanting free Peaches. Didn't take him long to run them off! This story probably doesn't make a lot of since, unless you know Fred.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Went by a old friends fruit/vegetable market today, he's 92 years young, Fred Vanzant. I visited with him an hour and a half, he would ask if I had heard this yarn and I would tell him no, I had, but I wanted to hear it again from him, we laughed and had a good time! Love this old man! He didn't tell me this story this time, he was telling me a years ago about him putting an add in the news paper about free stone peaches at there market. They had a bumper crop. How many of you guy's know what a free stone peach is? It's a Peach that you can grab with your hands and split and the seed doesn't cling to either half. He said he had a lot of people show up at the market wanting free Peaches. Didn't take him long to run them off! This story probably doesn't make a lot of since, unless you know Fred.
He related to the singing VanZants?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
He related to the singing VanZants?
No I have asked his son that, and we have been trying to get to know each other since 1972, he's a very close friend of mine! Friends are great! Never can have too many of them!