Oil Recommendations

spentcoins

spentcoins

Apr 19, 2019
Alabama
Ownership

1. Talon R
I done the first engine oil and filter change at 100 miles with Honda GN4 dino oil. I also changed the DCT filter. I would like to swap to synthetic at the next oil change. My plans are to swap to synthetic in the engine, transfer case, and both differentials. I realize that I will need something that is wet clutch compatible for the engine. Does anyone have any experience doing this to their Pioneer and what brand/viscosity did you use? Results? Thanks

J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
I can't answer your question, but eventually will be going all synthetic too. But, I'd be planning to wait a bit longer. Like maybe 1500 miles or so.

spentcoins

spentcoins

Apr 19, 2019
Alabama
Ownership

1. Talon R
I can't answer your question, but eventually will be going all synthetic too. But, I'd be planning to wait a bit longer. Like maybe 1500 miles or so.
Nah, the rings should be seated, which is my only concern. I guess I will do a little more research. I used Amsoil in my last wet clutch and never had a problem. Might go that route?

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
just YFI and take it for what it is worth. I talked to a dealer yesterday about what oil to use in the engine / transmission on the Talon. he said that they were having shifting issues with the african twin bike a while back. This was in auto mode and there had not been any problems in manual. He said the dealership had been using 10/40 instead of 10/30 Honda oil. Talking to Honda, they went back to 10/30 and the shifting issues went away. Again, take it for what its worth. Not trying to start an oil war. I had planned to go to amsoil 10/40 but think i will wait a while so have a base line on shifting.

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mobil 1 4T synthetic is my flavor of choice, when I do my first change.
Diffs will also be Mobil 1 full synthetic. 75-140
I changed mine last week using the engine oil of your choice! I used Amsoil in Diffs. The engine and transmission shifts way better and runs a lot quieter.

nm6r

nm6r

Jun 7, 2019
Sandia Park, NM
Ownership

1. Talon R
I changed my engine oil as well as front/rear drives with Mobil 1 synthetic oils. I wasn't sure if I was just getting used to the Talon or it was actually shifting better and running quieter.