P700 Oil, filter, final gear oil change

tradosaurus

tradosaurus

Jun 2, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Decide to try to quiet down my 2019 700-4 Deluxe by changing the oil and front and rear final gear oil.
I have 41 hrs and 288 miles on the UTV.
After reading various posts on best types of oil to use I settled on:
Shell Rotella T6 5W/40 and 1 qt of Mobil 1 Synthetic gear lube (75W/90).
Also bought the Fram CH6007 oil filter but as been commented on at Amazon the large gasket will not fit so I just reused the large gasket. The smaller gasket does fit. +

Manual calls out 3.1 qt capacity for engine oil, 22.5 oz for front final gear oil, and 4.7 oz for rear final gear oil.

I used approx. 3.2 qts of oil, and between both final and rear gear I used almost the entire bottle of gear lube.

I will say that I noticed an immediate smoothness to the engine and drive train. My wife did too as we took about a 10 mile drive around the country.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Decide to try to quiet down my 2019 700-4 Deluxe by changing the oil and front and rear final gear oil.
I have 41 hrs and 288 miles on the UTV.
After reading various posts on best types of oil to use I settled on:
Shell Rotella T6 5W/40 and 1 qt of Mobil 1 Synthetic gear lube (75W/90).
Also bought the Fram CH6007 oil filter but as been commented on at Amazon the large gasket will not fit so I just reused the large gasket. The smaller gasket does fit. +

Manual calls out 3.1 qt capacity for engine oil, 22.5 oz for front final gear oil, and 4.7 oz for rear final gear oil.

I used approx. 3.2 qts of oil, and between both final and rear gear I used almost the entire bottle of gear lube.

I will say that I noticed an immediate smoothness to the engine and drive train. My wife did too as we took about a 10 mile drive around the country.
In the future, if your interested in doing so, jacking up the front will get more oil drain, leading to a more "complete" oil change. Depending on how high you jack and how long you let it drain, it will take as much as 3.5 - 4 quarts.

Reactions: Mudwing
tradosaurus

tradosaurus

Jun 2, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
In the future, if your interested in doing so, jacking up the front will get more oil drain, leading to a more "complete" oil change. Depending on how high you jack and how long you let it drain, it will take as much as 3.5 - 4 quarts.

Thanks. I didn't realize the 700 holds 4.3 qts total.
Next time I'll drive it up on ramps.