P1000 OEM Door Soft Covers Repair

B

BigB_P1K_Rider

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Richmond ON. Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My OEM Soft half door clear window is heavily scuffed up , I thought I could just get a boat upholstery shop to sew in new clear window but they say they can't do it. The dealer says the fabric portion is only available when buying the complete kit again. Any one know if the covers are being reproduced or where I could send my existing fabric to get re-done. I'm in Canada BTW

TIA Brian

Reactions: TxDoc
S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X

4. Talon R

5. Talon R LV
Novus offers cleaners and polishes for clear vinyl product. I've used these products for years

Reactions: Remington
H

hacksawjoe

Nov 24, 2015
Mill Hall Pa.
My wife sewed fo 47 years for fabric company she took out old windows and we replaced them with zippers and they look brand new

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
My OEM Soft half door clear window is heavily scuffed up , I thought I could just get a boat upholstery shop to sew in new clear window but they say they can't do it. The dealer says the fabric portion is only available when buying the complete kit again. Any one know if the covers are being reproduced or where I could send my existing fabric to get re-done. I'm in Canada BTW

TIA Brian
Looks like you can buy a piece of Regalite 40 Clear Automotive Vinyl or similar online as a replacement. Any 'good" car/furniture uphosterly shop will be able to sew it in - remember - they just have a good commercial sewing machine that can drive a heavy needle thru the vinyl.

D

dweber23tr

May 21, 2023
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any good boat or automotive apolstry shop should be able to do that. I'd find another shop