P1000 odd noise

J

Jason-2119

Jan 6, 2020
Central MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey Guys, new to the club. I got a 2019 Honda Pioneer 1000 with about 190miles on it so far and it has been a great machine. I do have one question about a strange noise I hear when it's not warmed up and it's below about 40F or so. Once its warmed up I can barely hear it. It comes from what seems like the front drivers side and its a sound like something is rubbing against something about once every revolution of the tire. I initially thought it had something to do with the heating system but that doesn't make sense. I have looked at the undercarriage and there isn't anything like a stick or corn husk making the revolution. The one thing I haven't checked yet is the oil level in the front differential could that be the culpret?

Reactions: Plumber32
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Guys, new to the club. I got a 2019 Honda Pioneer 1000 with about 190miles on it so far and it has been a great machine. I do have one question about a strange noise I hear when it's not warmed up and it's below about 40F or so. Once its warmed up I can barely hear it. It comes from what seems like the front drivers side and its a sound like something is rubbing against something about once every revolution of the tire. I initially thought it had something to do with the heating system but that doesn't make sense. I have looked at the undercarriage and there isn't anything like a stick or corn husk making the revolution. The one thing I haven't checked yet is the oil level in the front differential could that be the culpret?
Probably a flat spot in the tire. Check/up the psi.

Reactions: Isaiah
Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Jack that side u and spin the wheel by hand to get a better idea.