William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On cold start I get this internal rattle/knock noise... Any ideas? It goes away after it warms up a little...

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I half way figured it out... It sat for 4 days this week and I just jumped in it and threw it in drive, drove 50 feet, and put in neutral still running. Then it started the noise... I think the oil didn’t have time to get in the clutches good. I went back about 4 hours later, let it warm to one bar on the dash, drove the same amount, and no noise. So it looks like I just need to let it warm up a little better...

Reactions: Mudwing
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I think I half way figured it out... It sat for 4 days this week and I just jumped in it and threw it in drive, drove 50 feet, and put in neutral still running. Then it started the noise... I think the oil didn’t have time to get in the clutches good. I went back about 4 hours later, let it warm to one bar on the dash, drove the same amount, and no noise. So it looks like I just need to let it warm up a little better...

I was gonna say, it kinda sounds like mine. I like to let mine warm up to one bar at least. Just one of the quirks of a seven hundred, I guess.

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The manual sais let it get to one bar temp before driving... every time it has made this noise, I drove it before letting it warm up a little, and it had been sitting a week or so. I hope that is all it is... I’m going to let it warm up from now on!

Reactions: Mudwing
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After about 7 days sitting, I cranked the 700, and let it warm to one bar on temp....
No noise... I’m almost certain it was oil not getting in the clutches good...