P1000 Noise level

D

devinsprunk

Nov 8, 2022
Platte center ne
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I'm looking at purchasing a Honda pioneer 1000-3. I currently have a 2020 can am Maverick sport 1000r. I want something quieter on the trails so I can have a conversation while riding. For your guys experience. At good cruising speeds of 20-25 mph can you have a conversation without screaming. It's nearly impossible in my maverick.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm looking at purchasing a Honda pioneer 1000-3. I currently have a 2020 can am Maverick sport 1000r. I want something quieter on the trails so I can have a conversation while riding. For your guys experience. At good cruising speeds of 20-25 mph can you have a conversation without screaming. It's nearly impossible in my maverick.
Absolutely. That’s one thing I like about the none belt drives. Grab a higher gear and it quiets up. Unlike belt drives that are mostly in high revs all the time the Hondas don’t need to be like that.

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I would say at those speeds yes you can with an elevated voice, by no means do i have to scream.....

Side note, i have a good buddy with the CanAm like your's and he says it's horrible noisy at higher RPM....

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from Michigan.

Its almost impossible in any sxs to have a Sensible conversation with someone at Cruising speed. unless you have a full hard cab and even then your still getting alot of noise and you boil in the summer. Although the Pioneer having the DTC transmission does help that alot over a rubber band ,your still sitting on a motor and an open rear where the exhaust is. Ive ridden in a Canned Ham Maverick like yours and its a real noisy bugger. So a pioneer will be much better, but from what im gathering in your question, you wont be happy with any sxs when its all said and done. Now if u get some good radios with race noise canceling headphones with intercom, you can have just that. I rode @Tramguage1 Talon with that set up with my wife and she sounds like Fivel the Mouse normally and I could hear her very well and clear. Id like to do that set up but theres some good $ involved. So either do something like that or get rid of the sxs and get a Bronco or Jeep.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Never rode in a Maverick so I don't know how loud they are, the Maverick probably rides a lot better on trails than the P-1 will, but it sounds like you ride a lot of dirt roads at 25 MPH, trails are usually around 5 MPH. That said the door bushings stink, RB3 make some quiet ones. I'd go with the P-1 Deluxe and skip all the gizmo wizardry of the LE's, but that's just me, simple is better in my book. Good luck with your choice!

Last edited:
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Get the Honda. It’s a far superior machine that will last a long time.
As far as conversations go, audible is one thing, sensible is a totally different subject.
Take a look at the changes Honda made for 22 and you will understand how Honda leads the way !

Reactions: Biteme