P1000 Noise is about to send me to the crazy house

Benjamin6_6

Benjamin6_6

Jan 7, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys......man I’m about to take my 2018 p1000 to a shop which is bad because I always work on all my stuff. Issue is I have a rattle noise from motor , have listened and read every post in here. After pulling pan with no metal, pulling head with no damage no where I changed the cam chain tensioner.......still makes noise. My question is . Is there any part in the transmission that can make a rattling noise ? The reason I’m believing it’s a transmission issue is it goes away in between shifts and in low at a certain rpm it’s just as smooth as the day I bought it. Last ditch effort before I load it up and head for a shop, thanks in advance guys
Ben

jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
Hey guys......man I’m about to take my 2018 p1000 to a shop which is bad because I always work on all my stuff. Issue is I have a rattle noise from motor , have listened and read every post in here. After pulling pan with no metal, pulling head with no damage no where I changed the cam chain tensioner.......still makes noise. My question is . Is there any part in the transmission that can make a rattling noise ? The reason I’m believing it’s a transmission issue is it goes away in between shifts and in low at a certain rpm it’s just as smooth as the day I bought it. Last ditch effort before I load it up and head for a shop, thanks in advance guys
Ben

Since the day I got mine home (10/31/20) it has made a rattling noise that I can’t figure out. I’ve called the dealer I bought it from and another local dealer and they give me the same answer....well you bought the extended warranty, just do all the services like the manual says and if it gives you trouble the warranty will take care of it. One dealer said, man you can have five of these units sitting side by side of the assembly line and they’ll all sound different, hahahahaha, not what I wanted to hear. I took it to the dealer for the first service and they noticed the sound but said they couldn’t find anything, no valves rattling, timing chain tensioner, blah blah blah. Needless to say I’m pretty ticked but at a dead end. I don’t know what else to do but drive the crap out of it and tell myself the noise is just in my head. I runs and shifts perfectly but just an engine rattle at idle up to around 1750-2000 rpms. Good luck with trying to get anything out of your dealer, I’ve had none and mines practically brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ben
I'm sure you checked the valves but out of curiosity is it more when the motor is lugging, like right before it downshifts?

Reactions: Lady01
Benjamin6_6

Benjamin6_6

Jan 7, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ben
I have no warranty and thousands of hard miles. I got in it one day to run up to the store to get some beer and was like what the hell is that noise? Runs great ,shifts great just sounds like something internally is going to explode lol

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
My 2016 has a noise that sounds like the valves rattling, but it's not that. Seems to be most noticable when motor is under load.

Benjamin6_6

Benjamin6_6

Jan 7, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 2016 has a noise that sounds like the valves rattling, but it's not that. Seems to be most noticable when motor is under load.
If I put mine in drive ,hold the brake and give it gas like I’m going to do a burnout the noise stops. The only time I’ve ever heard a sound like that was a rod bearing or loose bolts on a torque converter

Reactions: Lady01 and Hawk53
M

MBTractorman

Aug 20, 2020
Delhi, On
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If I put mine in drive ,hold the brake and give it gas like I’m going to do a burnout the noise stops. The only time I’ve ever heard a sound like that was a rod bearing or loose bolts on a torque converter
I'm on here looking for answers to this rattle. This sounds exactly the same as my 1000, has anyone discovered what the issue is? My machine started making this rattle sound at around 1000 miles and has been there ever since. I can't pinpoint the sound but it does sound like something is about to let go.