AMink

AMink

Supporting Member
Jun 6, 2023
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
I tried searching but came up empty. In 2wd my Talon has a rattle/vibration/noise that seems to be coming from the front somewhere. In 4wd it goes away. Under throttle it keeps getting faster as speed increases. I checked u joints on both ends of the shaft feom the sub trans to the front diff. They felt tight and I put some JB Weld on them to keep them from backing out. I didn't have access to a welder. Looking for thoughts/suggestions from the pros.

AMink

AMink

Supporting Member
Jun 6, 2023
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
Nevermind, I found the threads that address what I'm hearing. When I get home and get the Talon cleaned up from my extended Labor Day weekend (stuck at a dry lake that isn't dry) I'll check everything again.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Nevermind, I found the threads that address what I'm hearing. When I get home and get the Talon cleaned up from my extended Labor Day weekend (stuck at a dry lake that isn't dry) I'll check everything again.
We'll be curious to hear what you find. The u-joint caps are definitely a known weak point.

mmuchow

mmuchow

Feb 20, 2021
Pittsburgh
Ownership

1. Talon X
The difference in noise/chatter between the oem driveshaft and SATV Driveshaft is noticeable, SATV is much quieter... I also inspected my oem driveshaft after removing it and it didn't have much play in the ujoints but there was some/enough to make the noise/chatter at higher speeds under load