P1000 no memory in the 2016's and some more things?

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
1 Couple things that I would like to solve if possible? I read that the 2017 have memory for when u chose a transmission type like sport, then as soon as u put it in reverse it goes back to full auto from sport or manual shift etc. Really annoying when riding trails plowing backing up to prepare for mud holes or hill climbs etc. especially when these things are temperamental with clutches its important to be in sport mode for higher rev shifts to stay in the power so not to lug on clutches or in manual so u can control it etc.

2 Hour meter runs even when engine is not on effecting hours when ignition is on for lighting or stereo etc not only hours but oil change wrench comes on when hours reach a certain amount as well. some will say have your lights and radio come on without key but thats not what I am looking for for my applications.

Any ideas or has anyone come up with anything for any of this?

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
If you think about these "features",
The shift back to Sport was a poor decision.
The hour meter erroneously logging hours is a design flaw. It should reflect engine run hours.

Reactions: AZhunter
J

JTW

I'm betting there will be a flash avalible for the shifting eventually.

As for the hour meter.. a dual battery setup will alleviate any issues.

Reactions: Michigander
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I'm betting there will be a flash avalible for the shifting eventually.

As for the hour meter.. a dual battery setup will alleviate any issues.
well yes an no. Im torn between having everything run off secondary battery as I like to s*** off ignition and have everything go off! not sure how Im going to run it yet but getting ready to get started

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
well after riding again I noticed it will stay in sport but not Manuel mode!!

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
and I don't care about hours getting logged to much except with lots of hours it will effect the oil changes right?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
and I don't care about hours getting logged to much except with lots of hours it will effect the oil changes right?
Yes it will. With a separate switch and additional relay this can be done without having ignition on.

J

JTW

well yes an no. Im torn between having everything run off secondary battery as I like to s*** off ignition and have everything go off! not sure how Im going to run it yet but getting ready to get started
Well, I just went thru the same thing.. I figure I'm either running second battery stuff or not.. my auxiliary battery switch lights off the keyed power and controls a solenoid between my second battery and PDM.. but I flip it for all accesories and the other switch lights.. I figure I have to switch a switch for my lights or whatever anyway.. may as have a master switch too.