P1000 Newbee question or two or......

Tuco69

Tuco69

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
New unit purchased Saturday. Have done: wheels/tires, windshield, roof, front and back bumpers, front A guards and light bar on front. Thoughts on "Honda Pioneer 1000 Fabric Rear Panel", see one on EBAY. Thinking about it for winter months.

Planning to take to dealer closer to home for both '17 updates if its worth doing.

Thinking about doing the self roll on bed liner and installing the cut to fit horse mat idea I saw on this site. Any ideas for gaps in door and side panels?

Back up lights and some type of soft gun rack next. Heck this is about as bad as buying a Harley with all the things you can do to make it "your own"......

Hawkeye

Hawkeye

Sep 9, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your way off to a good start on add ons.

No help on rear panel I think most that have it like riding in the cold. Don't know how much it helps or hurts in dust.

Updates: I've got mine in the shop right now for them. Comfort update I think forum fixes probably just as good or better. Clutch update now Honda has it on the 18's so they think its a necessity. I'm following Hondas lead on this cause they don't spend money for nothing. I believe that this will help resale 2. YMMV

Bedliner-- I used an old cargo mat from a traded vehicle. Surprisingly I've had no problem with it blowing out at speed. I was just looking for something that would capture loose material that would fall in cracks. And floor mats I cut the floor mats to fit which still have the capture lip on 2-3 sides. Your idea should work great.

I think kolpin has a soft gun case storage bag that attaches to roll bar behind driver that looks promising.

And yes to Harley analogy. HD =pull out another hundred dollars!

Hawkeye

Reactions: Tuco69
aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New unit purchased Saturday. Have done: wheels/tires, windshield, roof, front and back bumpers, front A guards and light bar on front. Thoughts on "Honda Pioneer 1000 Fabric Rear Panel", see one on EBAY. Thinking about it for winter months.

Planning to take to dealer closer to home for both '17 updates if its worth doing.

Thinking about doing the self roll on bed liner and installing the cut to fit horse mat idea I saw on this site. Any ideas for gaps in door and side panels?

Back up lights and some type of soft gun rack next. Heck this is about as bad as buying a Harley with all the things you can do to make it "your own"......
First thing Welcome to the site!!!
I have the Fabric rear panel on my '16 P1k5 it made a huge improvement on the dust rolling in from the Windshield and Top installation. Got the Cabin comfort kit installed and I put in the 2017 deflector panel behind radiator for the heat through shifter slots. Noticeable Improvement!! Also added the pre filter upgrade for a little peace of mind.

I have been working at some seals on the rear doors to keep the spray from the Rear tires doesnt soak the pant legs of the rear riders.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This a factory option?
Yes was a change made starting on 2017 model year D52b4c4ccf37b3f8e70be528bdc03193

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

zmnypit

zmnypit

Oct 20, 2017
alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks! I have a 2017 and will go see in a bit if this is there or not.

Reactions: aprils_fool
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I see you have a 1000-3, yes the panel (real panel on the 3's and mid panel on the 5's) will help with dust and in general help in cooler temperature. You can still roll it up to get air moving through if desired.