Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
So ran across this promo tonight. First Frontier Appalachian Trails beginning development in Eastern KY approximately 50 miles West of the Hatfield McCoy trail System. Very Early stages but here is their website with some resources and information.

Facebook Page: First Frontier Appalachian Trails | Hindman KY

FFAT T34 Post

KyGal83

KyGal83

KGB, SNS, Duchess Sheldon, Ms. Daisy, Natasha
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
It is about 10 years in the making... likely will not fully open for another 3-5 years or more honestly. They have land with trails in 18 counties but they are not connected to each other as of yet. They are making agreements with private land owners, as well the public forest areas and old unmaintained county roads. It stretches From the far eastern state line nearly to several counties along I-75.

Kentucky legislature recently reaffirmed a bill that allows local governments to make their own laws regarding OHV use on roadways, but no one has taken advantage of the law as of yet. FFAT needs that to happen to connect the 18 counties by trails. It will happen, just takes time. Supposedly, when complete it will be alot like HMT.

They did open a few small trails in Martin County over the weekend…

Last edited:
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I live about a mile from the entrance to hillbilly trail system and they claim it will connect to the H&M trail system eventually. It seems to be the new it thing to do. The counties are trying to replace money from coal with tourism dollars. They are all jockeying for gov grants promoting eco tourism I guess.