S

steve_whiteside

Mar 31, 2019
San Diego
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Gents,
I have the stock tires and wheels on my 2020 1000-5 deluxe. I have maybe 1000 miles on my buggy. All offload but I use it as a utility vehicle on my property. Rutted dirt roads, sharp rocks, some beach sand and trails I have carved with my bobcat. Yesterday I got a pretty good 3/4" puncture (rear tire) from a cut off portion of a bush that was sticking out of the ground like a pungy stick. Im guessing due to the size of the cut Im not going to be able to repair that tire. So, I need to buy some tire(s).

I was eyeballing the Tusk Terrabite Aramid on this forum and then on line. Given I want to stay with my stock deluxe rims and I don't want to add spacers or lift, I have two questions. My questions are 1) what optimal, all around tire size should I go with in rear? 2) what is the advantage to going with the same size up front too? maybe I should replace fronts too??

If there is some other tire that is a clear winner for someone that is not that particular - let me know. Im open to ideas and there are way too many options for me that just wants to order something good and move on. :)

Thanks,

Steve

Last edited:
Reactions: Isaiah
S

steve_whiteside

Mar 31, 2019
San Diego
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
With a bit more research, it looks like for 14in diameter rims the aramid tires only come in 28x10-14. If I got 4 of these would they fit all around with no issues on a stock buggy?

Steve

S

steve_whiteside

Mar 31, 2019
San Diego
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
OK thanks, I will look them up.

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have the Terrabites and like them a lot but They do not get much traction in muddy conditions. They are to me a good A?T tire not a MT

S

steve_whiteside

Mar 31, 2019
San Diego
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I have the Terrabites and like them a lot but They do not get much traction in muddy conditions. They are to me a good A?T tire not a MT
I see very little mud. Hard shards of rock, sand, gravel, dirt. The 10 days it rains here per year, I stay inside. My trouble now is the terabits with aramid are back ordered at Rocky Mountain. I went back to my buggy today and pushed 3 plugs into the gash. Pumped that tire up to 17psi and will check it in the morning. Regardless I won't be trusting that tire and want something new. If anyone knows of a source other than RM I could use it. I saw on amazon the radial Terabits but I want the aramid.

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Lifetime Member
Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see very little mud. Hard shards of rock, sand, gravel, dirt. The 10 days it rains here per year, I stay inside. My trouble now is the terabits with aramid are back ordered at Rocky Mountain. I went back to my buggy today and pushed 3 plugs into the gash. Pumped that tire up to 17psi and will check it in the morning. Regardless I won't be trusting that tire and want something new. If anyone knows of a source other than RM I could use it. I saw on amazon the radial Terabits but I want the aramid.
Thank you Sir!!

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Lifetime Member
Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gents,
I have the stock tires and wheels on my 2020 1000-5 deluxe. I have maybe 1000 miles on my buggy. All offload but I use it as a utility vehicle on my property. Rutted dirt roads, sharp rocks, some beach sand and trails I have carved with my bobcat. Yesterday I got a pretty good 3/4" puncture (rear tire) from a cut off portion of a bush that was sticking out of the ground like a pungy stick. Im guessing due to the size of the cut Im not going to be able to repair that tire. So, I need to buy some tire(s).

I was eyeballing the Tusk Terrabite Aramid on this forum and then on line. Given I want to stay with my stock deluxe rims and I don't want to add spacers or lift, I have two questions. My questions are 1) what optimal, all around tire size should I go with in rear? 2) what is the advantage to going with the same size up front too? maybe I should replace fronts too??

If there is some other tire that is a clear winner for someone that is not that particular - let me know. Im open to ideas and there are way too many options for me that just wants to order something good and move on. :)

Thanks,

Steve
Steve,
Check out the Tire Selection Buyers Guide by Rocky Moutain UTV You Tube; Excellent Comparisons on top five tire makes and Models. Your Aramid is reviews there as well.

Reactions: lifeisgoodsteve