New Purchase

G

Greg88

Jun 13, 2021
Friendsville, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently just put a deposit on a Pioneer 1000-5 Special Edition. I have been looking for a 1000-5 for a while now. And on May 27th I stopped at the dealership. I know all the dealers are having trouble getting them in so as I was talking with the salesman, he told me that he had a 1000-5 Special Edition that would be shipping on the 28th. So as I was talking with him he was able to answer all of my questions, except the shocks. I asked him if the SE had Fox Shocks. He said he assumes it does since it's just an upgrade of the LE. But looking at pictures online it looks like the shocks are then standard shock and not the Fox. Can anyone give me some input on which shocks come on the SE model?

And my other question is how long does it take for a Pioneer 1000-5 to be shipped? Does it take over two weeks to transport or was he just telling me that to make a sale? I know things are way behind right now, so I was just wondering.

Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Northern Michigan. A common date many have been told across the country (at least the U.S.) is an arrival date of June 29th to the dealers. I'm not sure, logistically, how that can happen but that seems to be the common line of conversation I've noticed here.

I put money down on April 5th for one and was told it was the last of eight being delivered on June 29th. I recently bought a used one with accessories I was looking for already added so I cancelled my order and got my deposit back.

Unfortunately, I can't help you on the shock question.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from Michigan!
Yes, the SE comes with Fox’s
The Answer to your second question.. 🤣

Remember..Pics or it didnt happen!

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
The questions you asked about delivery and shipping times are valid and continue popping up here. The answer is no one knows the answers.

Dealerships don't know and none of us know. Honda Corp. is not giving dealers any information, possibly because they don't know either. The delays and uncertainty seem to be due to parts shortages at manufacturing or assembly plants. but again, I don't know. I'm only guessing.

Some salesmen are slicker than others and are good at agreeing with prospective buyers and providing confidence but they're just doing their best to survive without sales. No one is telling them when new units will be delivered.

We tend to think of Honda and other vehicle manufacturers as the maker of the unit and all of it's components but that's not true any longer. Major manufacturers are mostly assemblers of hundreds of components manufactured by small suppliers around the world.

Supply chains worldwide were shut down during the peak of the pandemic. Some small manufacturers probably won't reopen which means whatever they were supplying may not be available.

The powersports industry has been badly harmed by the Chinese biological warfare attack. We'll recover but it takes some time and American ingenuity.

B

boOkerT

Apr 20, 2021
Bellingham, Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Still waiting but ordering stuff for those that purchased an SE do come with the bed mat I got a Amazon Card as a gift?

Reactions: J80
advertisement
kdub5212

kdub5212

Oct 23, 2020
Albany, Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Still waiting but ordering stuff for those that purchased an SE do come with the bed mat I got a Amazon Card as a gift?
They do not come with a bed mat. I ordered the kiwi one off amazon it seems to be the best reviewed one. Got my SE 2 weeks ago.

Reactions: Rayger143
B

boOkerT

Apr 20, 2021
Bellingham, Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks I appreciate the info.......doubt now I'll be getting it anytime soon since the delayed it to supposedly to the end of July according to the dealer. He said just about all the stuff they have on order was pushed back I'm assuming that meant quads, lawn mowers etc....

Von45

Von45

Jul 24, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I recently just put a deposit on a Pioneer 1000-5 Special Edition. I have been looking for a 1000-5 for a while now. And on May 27th I stopped at the dealership. I know all the dealers are having trouble getting them in so as I was talking with the salesman, he told me that he had a 1000-5 Special Edition that would be shipping on the 28th. So as I was talking with him he was able to answer all of my questions, except the shocks. I asked him if the SE had Fox Shocks. He said he assumes it does since it's just an upgrade of the LE. But looking at pictures online it looks like the shocks are then standard shock and not the Fox. Can anyone give me some input on which shocks come on the SE model?

And my other question is how long does it take for a Pioneer 1000-5 to be shipped? Does it take over two weeks to transport or was he just telling me that to make a sale? I know things are way behind right now, so I was just wondering.
They have fox shocks.

Von45

Von45

Jul 24, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
They have fox shocks.

Just took delivery of a 2021 P1K- SE. They do have adjustable (3 settings) fox shocks front and rear. See photos.

1567F3CE 681C 4E33 94FC BA5A86CCB6B9 4F6BD04D 94D2 41A5 9A7E CFC40A6527D2