P700 New owner, homemade winch mount

Gorms

Gorms

Mar 23, 2019
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-4
Brought it home last weekend, already drilled some holes in it! Wife was a little nervous....

Already had a Badland/harbor freight 3500lb winch kicking around so figured I would put it to use. I've had phenomenal performance out of their smallest version (2500? Lb) for a log hoist in the pickup truck, so I stuck with them. Price is right anyway.

Used some 1/8 plate and 2x3/16 angle. Braced across the mounting holes with some misc. angle kicking around. Crappy welds across the front, bad wire on the mig. Dragged it with a loaded trailer in tow up a 10-15% incline no worries.

Next are some a-arm guides, and an honest skid plate to replace the plastic up front. Out comes the plasma....I'm too cheap to pay hundreds for simple brackets/gaurds!

Full

Full

Reactions: Glock21user
70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
I hear you, I made my own winch mount brackets and A arm guards also. And bumpers, box, bed, signal lights, etc. Half the fun, for me, is making my own "stuff" for it.

Reactions: Glock21user
jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
same here

made truck receiver mounts for all my winches atvs and utvs. they end up being to low anyway for the mud