New member. Help needed

C

Cgrubb1

Nov 23, 2014
New member looking to buy a side by side, possibly a pioneer. I want it for mostly work, hauling wood and farm chores, but with the ability to get to neighbors houses at a respectable pace. My two finalists are the gator xuv825 and a 2 seat pioneer 700.

Looking locally at a used 2014 pioneer with hard roof, windshield, winch and 72" snow plow. It has about 50 hours and 140 miles. What would y'all consider a fair price for it? Looks to be in great shape and not abused but I feel like their asking price is a bit high.
I have searched online, but there just don't seem to be many used 2 seaters out there for comparison.
Those who have the pioneer for work purposes, are you happy with it? What would you think would be a fair price for the used one I am looking at?
Thanks for any help and info.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Cgrubb1,
Welcome to the HondaSxS Community.
Both machines are capable of getting your work load completed. The Gator is a impressive unit that seem to be based around getting the chores completed more then anything else. I haven't seen a gator around here so I can't say too much about it good or bad. The Gator has 400 more lbs bed capacity then the Pioneer with 1000lbs but both can pull 1500lbs. They both have a top speed around 44-45. Then there is the CVT.
So, lets jump to pricing the Pioneer. It is truly tough pricing a Pioneer as they are popular around the country. Dealers cant keep them in stock for too long. With the added accessories and it being used, I would say around 10K. But that may be a little low with the plow. Remove the plow I would say around 9 would be a fair price. You should cut the MSPR down for being used but the accessories make up that difference.
Forgot to say.. Make sure the plow is at least a 66" or better. If not, then use that as a price reduction factor for a undersized plow.

Does it have factory tires? Any other accessories of value?

Thanks.

C

Cgrubb1

Nov 23, 2014
It has the original tires and look hardly used at all. I think it is only used to go across a field to pick up his kids from grandmas house. Again, everything looks practically new. It has a windshield, hard top, and 4,000 pound winch in addition to the 72" plow. Overall it seems to be in great shape, but the asking price of 11,500 seems a bit high for a used one that is out of warranty, I just can't find comparable used ones to compare it to.