P500 New 500

W

Willandbill

Nov 25, 2015
Image Image Image Finally picked up my new pioneer last week. Only drove it for a short time to feel it out. So far, it's everything I've been reading about. Nice little beast. Gonna be really fun and useful around my weekend house. Put on big horn 2.0's right away, seems to be the preferred way to go for some more traction, ground clearance(went with 26"), and looks department. Not going to use it a lot this winter, I do a lot of skiing on the weekends, but will be living on it come spring time. Mavrix Motorsports, outside of Middletown, N.Y. Gave me a great price on this 2016 for $8,499 otd. Also cut me 20% off on any accessories upon purchase or in the future.

Reactions: JACKAL and 500oneer
p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your P500 half as much as I have mine! They are really fun machines.

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
View attachment 9144 View attachment 9145 View attachment 9146 Finally picked up my new pioneer last week. Only drove it for a short time to feel it out. So far, it's everything I've been reading about. Nice little beast. Gonna be really fun and useful around my weekend house. Put on big horn 2.0's right away, seems to be the preferred way to go for some more traction, ground clearance(went with 26"), and looks department. Not going to use it a lot this winter, I do a lot of skiing on the weekends, but will be living on it come spring time. Mavrix Motorsports, outside of Middletown, N.Y. Gave me a great price on this 2016 for $8,499 otd. Also cut me 20% off on any accessories upon purchase or in the future.
Welcome from Missouri.

PCB67SS

PCB67SS

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2015
Panama City Beach
Welcome aboard......great looking rig you got there.
I'm sure it will be everything you envisioned and then some......Congratulations.

W

Willandbill

Nov 25, 2015
Thanks, was looking for some advise on a rear bumper. I plan on getting the mesh storage box from Strongmade, I like their rear bumper, looks pretty sturdy, but doesn't seem to give a lot of coverage. The rear bumper from Bison seems to cover a lot but don't like the way it attaches to the rack. Seems if you hit something, the rear rack is gonna take a lot of the shock. Afraid the one from Honda may not be that strong. Can't seem to see the exact mounting points on the back of the machine. I would like to see it mount directly to the frame just in case when backing up or sliding backwards on a trail, the impact will not be to bad.
Don't know if I'm over thinking it or what, but any feedback you guys have would be welcome. Thanks!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
@Willandbill Welcome and congrats on the new P500. Fun little trail machines very versatile for work and play.

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Thanks, was looking for some advise on a rear bumper. I plan on getting the mesh storage box from Strongmade, I like their rear bumper, looks pretty sturdy, but doesn't seem to give a lot of coverage. The rear bumper from Bison seems to cover a lot but don't like the way it attaches to the rack. Seems if you hit something, the rear rack is gonna take a lot of the shock. Afraid the one from Honda may not be that strong. Can't seem to see the exact mounting points on the back of the machine. I would like to see it mount directly to the frame just in case when backing up or sliding backwards on a trail, the impact will not be to bad.
Don't know if I'm over thinking it or what, but any feedback you guys have would be welcome. Thanks!
Honda rear bumper is better than strongmade imo.I have strongmade front bumper and it is awesome. I don’t have a picture of my honda rear bumper installed but I like the shape better than the strongmade.

20150801 090652

C

Chooglin

I made my own rear bumper and it mounts just like the Honda OEM bumper.It is very stout and secure !

Rear bumper Rear bumper2 Done 2 Done 4

W

Willandbill

Nov 25, 2015
That bumper looks great! That's the protection I'm looking to get. I'll probably go with the one from Honda. Just want to get to my dealer and do a "hands on" to see if it will be strong enough. My main concern will be my 16 year old son who will find a reason to drive it like his Miata. Thanks for the pics.

advertisement